Introduce yourself...

Ebenezer Place, innit.

I’m Dan (Rodan), I can usually be spotted battling the taxis, trams, and tourists of Berlin on my trusty Lola (steel roadie of unknown origin named by the previous owner) but soon it will be time to bring out the polo/travel/winter bike and put it to snow duty once again. I doubt anyone remembers it but I have had chance meetings on the street and the odd skid call from suspected forum members, I’m looking forward to meeting you crazy cats in November when I come to A-town for a pint or two.

Not showing much of the bike but someone with a keen eye might recognise my favourite shirt.

Rodan!!!

Good to hear from you!

hey, i got my brand new white and red volume thraser two days ago and am loving the freedom of the fixed gear. ive never ridden fixed before and have had a steep learning curve as i have been using it everyday for commuting to uni and back home, im based in payneham south and none of my mates roll fixed or ride at all. I come from a trials/dirt jump/mtb background.

Im rarely ever actually at uni so if any one is keen for a roll let me know, need someone to show me the ropes, riding alone is boring!

Hi, I’m Keir and have been in Ade for a few weeks. You’ve got a terrific cycling culture over here. I’m in the Navy so am based up at the RAAF base but manage to get down to town on the weekends. I’m here for a few months so hopefully will get to meet a few of you while I’m here. Ihave both bikes over with me, a Panasonic to Keirin spec and a green Primate SSCX which I use most of the time.

Cheers

I’m Gordon. Completely missed this. Sporadically seen around on my pearl white Kenevans with black h+sons/ drops, red Kenevans roadie, Carbon Look, red SS steelie with risers and baby seat on front (this one a lot at prez, usually Unley to Glenelg.)
I’m kinda retired/stay at home dad but get out when i can. probs most seen at/heading for mt.lofty or Lobethal. Or the Scenic …

If around Xmas week, there’s an unusually high number of skid requests yelled for, that’ll be me! Am visiting family in your fair city. :slight_smile:

I’ll be around… Have to work between Christmas and New Years :frowning:

Also, will you have a bike? Because… http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t20735/

I’m Pete, I ride either my green Mojo or the purple Christoff around the northern 'burbs dodging the bogans throwing beer cans at me or the ridiculous amount of road works going on. I work nights at an emergency department up this way so I can usually be found riding at sun down or sun up.

I’m not going to be able to get it over, but I’ll check if the sis-in-law has one.

Could you PM me details on good bike shops to check out while I’m there? Would be much appreciated.

come on man its the public service… ‘work’!!!

My girlfriend and I are making the move to Adelaide over the next few months. She started there last week and then at some point I’ll join her. One of her wheels needs a new inner tube – she’s not skilled in replacing those and I forgot to do it before I took it over on the weekend. I’m back in Canberra now and I won’t be there for a month; can anyone recommend a good bike store in the east that could do it for her? She’s currently commuting between Leabrook and CSIRO down at Waite campus. I seem to recall there’s one in Norwood? a Trek dealership?

There’s Trak Cycles on the Parade at Norwood, Mittiga Cycles / Norwood Parade Cycles also on the Parade.

In the city, go to Treadly on Ebenezer Place (between Rundle and Grenfell Street).

Im Hugo, 20 years old, been into cycling now for a good two years or so… Get around town on my white 1/8 inch frame, or when parts fall off it my red FP7 Pinarello roadster. Worked for yellow as a courier for 3 months over the 2012 summer, loved the job itself but they had so little work for me I quit. Would love to do it again, one of the best jobs ever! Loved the Knee Crackers/bike dorks two a few months back and would kill for another race around Adelaide.

See you round town

+1. Being a courier in Adelaide can be a lotta fun but yellow does suck. Paid per job and next to no jobs. Ace it, toll or even kings ftw (if they give you enough hours).

Yeh It was border line slavery haha. All experience though!

Hi my name is Peter,

I ride a complete set Volume Thrasher with red deep v’s!
you may have seen me cruising in and out of uni via rundle st.

I have always ridden bikes but have mostly been into hard tail dirt jumping, downhill, trials and trail.
Im having my third knee reco in a few weeks and would love to ride with some new crew, and i really want to try and ride some more freestyle if anyone is interested, im in town most days and ready to ride between classes! so let me know if your keen like seriously i have 2 weeks left till my operation and want to rideeee all day!

I RIDE FIXED AND BRAKELESS and always have

Hi, I’m Liam, I ride a beat red and white fuji track comp.
I live in the city and generally ride to and from work and between clients in the eastern and northern suburbs, to flinders uni or in the hills on weekends to go rock climbing. Started riding and racing mountainbikes in the late 90’s early 00’s, started riding fixed about 4 years ago, maybe I’ll meet some of you out riding.

I had my couch delivered by a dude on a black PK Ripper a while back, maybe he posts on here, maybe not, thanks anyway!

Hey Liam, seen you on Frome a few times in the morning, performing skids on request!

The dude on the black Ripper is Creaky/ Adam. Occasionally on here. The frame, however, is dead. Snapped at the down tube / head tube.

dude i’m on here all day every day but i love road bikes and shaving my legs now