Introducing me & Lucy, need some suggestions to...

A good frame builder will be able to reset the forks if they’re not too far gone. I can’t see the pics here at work. Tubes can be replaced but it all costs money. How much do you want to keep this frame?

Thanks again guys, I was concerned about collateral damage. Good news is the frame including head tube are straight. No buckling although it does look that way in the pic. The engineering guys have extensive experience in welding and repairs, and have built a solid reputation in the bike industry.

I accept there still may be weakening in the head tube, but I ain’t building her for races. Life’s too short to hang her on a wall & if I die enjoying my ride then it will be in style & lots of fun.

Nice frame! Don’t fuck it up.

If the carpet aint matching the drapes, I’d go for a powder coat. It doesn’t look like its anything fancy, and your first build wont be the “Keeper” so have some fun. Spend money learning (its the only way) and build something, anything.

Save the worry and concern for something special.

^Chroll^

Good news then. I wouldnt worry too much about the frame being weakened. Chromoly steel is extemely robust hence it’s over 50 years old and still fine to be used. Generally they creak a lot before anything fails too - there will be plenty of warning unlike aluminiumium and crabon. Dont throw that fork away even if you swap it out for a new chrome one for now.

yeah, always finding cinelli’s in hard rubbish because they have scratched paint and no nervex fancy lugs

If done correctly it should look something like this
Vintage-Cinelli-Custom-Single-Speed-Bike-Fixie-Road-Bike-54cm

Noted.

Seen that a while back. It’s like an auction in reverse.

Just getting a bunch of parts together for a different project, hoping to build a new daily drive.

I got my hands on a late 80s-early 90s team Castorama/system U racing Frameset…

It’s a Reynold’s 653 by Raleigh with some nice Cinelli lugs and original Edco headset. Should be fun and will use a combination of old and new parts.

Very nice man. Keep everyone posted on how you go.
“Casto” was the French equivalent of Bunnings. All class!

Temporary seat & pedals, waiting on parts.
Rides nice for time being

troll.