January 2018

Hey all - at this stage it is looking like I have all of January off due to too much leave built up. I am thinking I could hop on the bike for a coast trip or anywhere else for a bit of bikepacking.

Anyone else have similar time off and potentially want to look at doing something cool?

0 Likes

go do AOTB.

0 Likes

I have a week off in the middle of Jan but will most likely be hanging with kids. Looking forward to a ride soon though, mate!

0 Likes

Could be pretty hot? Go coastal I reckon!

0 Likes

MTB Tassie?

0 Likes

Yeah, this is why I am trying to avoid having forced leave at the hottest time of the year. I am not keen on it.

0 Likes

Well if you need a bed to base yourself from in Melbourne for some VIC adventures, I’ve got you covered.

0 Likes

Legend! Appreciate that Geoff.

0 Likes

It really is the worst time to travel

0 Likes

Hit up the Prom, good in even hot weather. Camp at Tidal River, ride around, hike, swim.

0 Likes

Yeah, the bad thing is that my wife doesn’t have any leave built up at the moment as she started a new job - so it would be a solo trip to an area that she would be interested in. I can’t do that :frowning:

0 Likes

are there places she’s not interested in?

0 Likes

Go nocturnal and ride during the night and sleep while it’s hot. Riding on a hot night is great, just watch the wildlife.

0 Likes

January in Unzud is AOK.

0 Likes

Actually, I’m gonna defs do the coast overnighter again. If Miles hasnt planned on running it, I will.

It will be a return trip with swims, fish’n’chips and pub meal.

0 Likes

Keen!

0 Likes

SOEB - Summer of Ezy Biking

0 Likes

Eazy-E biking

0 Likes

0 Likes

i reckon it’d take almost a month to do attack of the buns on that bike…

0 Likes