kents

Except his virtually correct

ever since ko burned me regarding the misuse of the word literally in relation to a very poorly written race report some years ago I have been very sensitive to its misuse. This is not one of those cases re. cash converters.

^^ Their business is, literally, buying and selling second hand goods, and money lending, apparently.

ftfy

Me too … Liverpool Municipal Library. I cried and didn’t leave there till well after dark hoping someone just borrowed it.
Never recovered … still on the lookout for a Burgundy Malvern Star chopper with 3 spd T-Bar shifters which I know is rightfully mine. Pruchased at Walton’s in 1978 , stolen in '79 … just before the bad haircuts started … that was the nail in the coffin of my childhood innocence.

Good to see you you’ve moved on mate. Would LOL if by some chance someone was trying to offload a planet x with scatto’s and campy pista’s at the swapmeet/disco this Saturday.

Or just any of the parts separately. Worth a look I guess.

Yeah I’ll be doing my best to get our there for a bit, say g’day and drink a beer.

I stand by my use of literally in this context. The used and second hand stuff is just a front.

nah, coz, if it was literally that, it would’ve been shut down a long time ago. it might be widely suspected/believed that it’s a front, but it’s not literal.

ftfy

You all remind me of this guy.

Fkn architects

Real shithouse!

One thing to maybe check up on is your previous home and contents. Policy might not have expired yet and covers portables.

So was Al Capone literally a gangstar?

^ Yep. Five Points Gang - Wikipedia

Digging up the kents thread for some work related events.

Two different customers tried the same style of trick on parts. First one called and was quoted $330, did the whole wow, that’s too much routine. Called back a few hours later saying he’d found the part for $250 and asked if I could do mine for that price. My reply was “that’s real cheap, you should go buy it”. From his reaction there isn’t another cheaper one.

Another guy called yesterday needing a part on the same day. I quoted him $88 second hand, same overprice routine again. Tells me they are $45 new. Sweet, go buy them reply. He drops in at work and does the same routine again to me then added there’s a 3 week wait from Japan for the price.

I can’t wait to get out of sales.

no overnight parts?? must be 15 years too late…

hahah good call.