Kypo

Heyo,

thought i’d post up some shots of my old track bike that i’ve been riding on the streets of melbourne for the past yearish.

To get it to it’s current state;i relaced the wheels, repacked the hubs and bb, polished up a black seatpost, drilled the forks (gasp!), wiggled a front brake, found some white levers on the bay, retaped the bars, fit a longer headstem, replaced the chain and fit some hot white tyres.

I’m pretty happy with how it’s riding at the moment, though the headset needs replacing and zaffiro pros aren’t the fastest tyres.

Details for those with a gear fetish:

Frame: Robert Kypriotis - reynolds 531 with campag drop outs
Wheels: Dura ace high flange ?1977/ Velocity aero/ DT competition
Drivechain: Sugino looseball BB/ mighty cranks
Brakes: 105 aero levers/tiagra caliper
Cockpit: Cinelli stem/cinelli criterium bars
Seat: Selle italia concor?

geometry is hawt

Geometry is ripping!

why two levers and only one brake?

that’s a really nice bike.

one of those people that like things symmetrical?

Thats a nice ride dude, you must have some pretty gnarly toe overlap on that front tyre if your not careful.

got ahave two hoods makes gettin out of the saddle much easier up hill.

Have I seen this at DISC?
With blue ‘Cane Creek’ hubs maybe?

Stingin’ Frame!

That’s a nice pony. Where does Kypo originate from?

It looks like the left brake lever is a dummy, apparently you can get a part usually used on BMX’s to hook up both levers to one brake…I’m planning to do this in the near future.

R. Kypriotis built in Gippsland, near Warragul.

Oh-Nah, you would have seen Chris R’s Kypo with Cane Creek’s, he’s on a BT now, dare I say it, even nicer than this one.

verry cool. not a fan of the hoods though, but thats just me. it does suit this frame though, very nice :sunglasses:

Fucking rules dude, I’ve got a Kypo kicking around at my uncles.

I heart Kypos!!

kick it my way?

I’ll go for an interception :evil:

thats mint!
I love that saddle