Ladies Social Rides

For the time being it doesn’t seem like there’s enough interest from girls on bikes to keep up the weekly Thursday night ride. The last thing anyone wants is to be stood up at Fed Square. But don’t fret, with the weather improving there’s a good chance that they might recommence.

Anyone, whether we know you or not is welcome to take charge and suggest rides. While meeting on Thursday nights at Fed Square was good for a lot of people, feel free to propose a ride some other time and a different meeting point.

If you’re new and don’t know what the rides are all about, take a look here: Thursday night rides, just keep in mind that you’ll need to check the interwebz to find out if it’s happening rather than just assume someone will be there when you turn up.

Check this thread to see when rides have been planned, as well as the blog and the Facebook group.

Mods: can you sticky this if you think it’s a good idea, else don’t worry.

I propose ladies rides start up again in light of the awesome weather…

Who’s in?

Wait three weeks until uni exams are over and I’ll be in!

Roger! Sounds like a plan…

Hey Ladies,

Meet at 6:30pm tonight at carlton gardens by the water fountain.

Bring ya wheels.

Meet 6.30 tonight at the Carlton Gardens fountain.
All are welcome regardless of gender.
It’s a mixer ride and I have no idea where we’re riding to.
Don’t come if you’re a dickhead though.

There’s me gone.

i thought you got clipped a few months back??

i was under the impression it was a 6.30pm roll out…

can someone clarify as i know someone that may be struggling to make it there on time if it’s a 6.30 roll out.

cheers

My Thursday nights are lonely. I’ll have to get my act together (and a smaller chain ring) and join the Brisbane crew for a Thursday one of these weeks.

Not the same, but.

Do these rides still exist?

sorry in advance caz- i gotta do a few more posts so i can see that sale section.

You’re in an exclusive club. Most people trying to circumvent the rules don’t usually post about it. Enjoy your week off.

lets get these going again

Kate and I were talking about an all girls brewery ride on sunday the 10th if any other ladies are interested?? Possibly Coldstream?

i’m uber keen, but that is the ONE weekend i’m outta town. OF COURSE there’s destined to be wicked parties and great rides on. I knew this would happen waaa.

fucken yeah i’m uuuupppp

I would suggest waiting until winter is over if you wanted to organise something regular.

This I would come on. If I’m not working.

I’m in.

<koff koff>
This Sunday:
Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross Series: The Day History Stopped Repeating Itself