Ladies Social Rides

Agreed that starting something regular in summer would be ideal, but we have been blessed with occasional good weather of late. Fingers crossed.

This is just something I’ve been wanting to do by myself for ages, and Kate said she was keen so we picked a date we could both do. I then thought it could only get better the more babes on bikes we have to ride and drink beers with, hence putting the open invitation out.

Of course I hope we can organise more in the future, but this is at least a nice starting point.

This sucks! Next time, as I am sure there will be one.

great response :slight_smile:
You and Kate go, and next time we can rally more troops. xx

Mr. Blake, I’ll be there (on my road bike), and Jess on your Shogun if it’s still available?

Yeah I was just talking about waiting until winter’s over if someone was starting weekly rides. Your brewery idea is rad. And I want to come.

So, when is the start time? Where from? Is it going to be overlapping with the cyclocross?
Many questions!

Edit: Wait, the Cyclocross was the Sunday just gone, right?

Kate i’m free now, i’m there! XX

i only just found this thread. i’m all set for sunday clare, sounds good.

caz - read blakey’s link, its about a cx skills session.

Hmm, where to start? Are most ladies coming from North side? If so, maybe start at the Brunswick Velodrome? Otherwise Fed Square? Avoiding the city would be nice, unless the velodrome is too far out for people. What do you lovely ladies think? Unless I hear a “Fed Square Start Please!” then Velodrome it is. 9am meet for a 915am roll out?

The food prices are a tad on the exy side, but what can you do? It’ll be a nice adventure with some tasty food on the other side of hopefully a decent ride. I know I won’t be complaining. We’ll train back, probably Lilydale station. You can of course ride back if you wish, but I know what I’m like after a ride. I’ll throw back those ciders like water I’m sure.

I’m not sure if this will work, but here’s the MapMyRide link.

Azeline’s Private Profile

Looks like about 45km with 3-4 climbs. I’m kinda hoping someone has an iphone to make our ride a tad easier. Otherwise I’ll bring a trusty hand drawn map.

Am I forgetting anything?? Open to anyone elses thoughts/edits/suggestions?

Oh, last thing. If the forecast moves from “Shower or two” to “Serious Showers” or worse, then alas we’ll have to probably postpone. But lets all hope that doesn’t happen and we have a lovely Babes Day Out!

This is excellent news! Sounds like we’ll have a good crew.

hey i can’t see that map link, can you make it public?

i reckon we should meet at a cafe, i need a morning coffee (yes, i’m back on it, don’t judge me!) if we’re all brunswick kids, how about wide open road on corner of sydney rd and barkley st? 9am is perfect.

apparently we can take the freeway cycle path out as far as ringwood and then take maroondah hwy, which would be less hilly and somewhat safer roads to ride than the direct way that google maps suggest. you’ve probably got the route sorted, maybe i’ll look at your map first!

Also, if we’re feeling ok once we get to Coldstream, maybe we could start riding back, I think we’re all capable of a bit more than 45kms. This all depends on the weather too.

Are you riding it fixed BabeRuthless?

taking the kooyung trail (bike path) to ringwood is more fun (esp the drop into the ‘new’ section and better than doing battle with the hwy traffic trying to get to bunnings for a new screwdriver and BBQ galore for that weber.

if you ride back, the first two hills out of lilydale are rough, but it gets easier… just keep thinking that. plus there are multiple bailout points/train stations along the way once you get to ringwood.

Meeting at Wide Open Road. Check. (excellent idea, shame about your caffeine addiction. Did you try a methadone program??? ha.)

MapMyRide made public. Check.

Route. Hmm… I agree on the path, which isn’t my current MapMyRide route. But I’m not keen on riding on Maroondah Hwy once the path ends. What do other people think?

The return ride. Obviously dependent on if our legs are feeling more lightning or liquid.

I’m not riding fixed, just single speed. BUT, I will be riding my brand, spanking new bike (literally 1 hour old as we speak), so I might be a bit wobbly getting use to it’s little quirks.

So yeah, all good except the Hwy… thoughts??

I may bail due to being a fairweather rider. Not often - but tomorrow. It looks cold. And rainy.

Meet at 930 at Wide Open Road.
Roll out before 10.
Fingers crossed for some decent morning weather.

ohhh yeah!!! What a day! - go team xxx

An excellent, although somewhat wet Ladies Ride. Already idea’s and discussion about the next one. Hopefully more of you can make it in the future.

such a great ride, there’s something about riding for hours in the pouring rain that is strangely satisfying. not sure i’m a fan of maroondah hwy though! thanks team ballerina and babe ruthless for a great day. here’s some pics:

I think we should get these going seriously again in November. Yeah?

i’m up

Yeah!