Last Man Standing Free Fixie Contest Giveaway...Starting Now!

Hide, nice one mate.

I would like a new bike because even with the governments tax break and the measley 2% annual pay increase, my funds are still incredibaly tight. Especially renting in Melb. It would be nice to have a bike with new parts and decent paint to cruise around on instead of my bike that is put together with swap meet bargains.
I like riding Fixed because its a nice change from the years of BMX and Mountain Biking.

I would like to win a CELL Mallet 360 because I am riding a crappy road bike frame that i bought off gumtree for $40 a year ago, its too big for me and gives me back pains, and it is a terrible colour purple and rusty. i want to win a 360 so i can paint and illustrate all over it so i can have it ridden in a short film i am making, a riding film, that im shooting on the great ocean road, and since it has a story line i would like the main character being filmed on an actually cool looking bike not some POS (my bike)

Im an artist and i paint most days. i like riding fixed because its simple for urban riding and i generally like the stripped back aesthetics of the bikes as they are quite neat looking.

I’d like an orange one to Play Polo with on Sundays, and to rock around the CBD of Adelaide in my lunchtime,running errands.
Product exposure for you guys

I need a bike that isn’t in pieces spread all over my bedroom floor. I have a habit of pulling things apart and not putting them back together.

I promise i won’t pull apart a mallet 360 if i win it. I’ll try and learn how to do barspinnz too.

giz now

1. Tell us why you’d like to win a CELL Mallet-360. Also, let us know a little about yourself and why you like riding fixies. (Ten BEST POSTS move on to round-2)

I’d like to win a Cell Mallet-360 because I’ve never won anything like a prize (lottery, melbourne show, lol). And also, because my current bike cannot do barspins and to do so I will need to buy a headtube extender which screws the geo up heaps. I need a bike for school riding that doesn’t have to much money (and time) in it so I don’t have to worry about it during school hours.

I’ve been riding bikes since i was young and have always loved riding. I started with a trainer bike, and for my 8th or something birthday i received a bike with suspension (was pretty hip back then) and was pumped. I had a few mountain bikes from my primary schooling days (one of which got stolen from my school-lol) and then decided to take the plunge into a road bike. (which I rode mornings etc) After the road bike was to small for me, I had a skateboard and needed a faster way to get to school. A few people at school had fixed gear bikes which inspired me to learn about them, and i loved the simplicity.I bought a made one on ebay to learn about it and see if i like it, and within a few months i was already ordering bits to build my new bike. (btw thanks Dan) I’ve been riding fixed this year and love it.
Thanks (hope it makes sense)

i’m not even sure if i want one but becasue its free my consumer urgings tell me i need it. i started riding fixed a few years ago cos i thought it would be cheaper than driving everywhere. since that time i’ve spent more on bikes than i ever did on my car.

i’d love to win a CELL Mallet-360 as my FIRST FIXIE bike! I want to win it cause i want to do a 360 degree jump in mid-air! i’m a truck driver and occasional road cyclist on a 9speed but i want to convert to fixed to help flex my legs and of course cause of the simplicity of a fixie, it looks like i can do some tricks on it and ride it like a BMX :slight_smile:

i rode my specialized allez elite road bike from brisbane to sydney solo over 7 days straight and i got a ripped left foot tendon!

this is me on my bmx and i want to do this on the CELL Mallet-360! wahooo!

I’ve got lots of tattoos and lots of tight jeans and lot of new era hats and lots of cool shoes but only one fixed gear bike…

i’d love to win a CELL Mallet-360 as my FIRST FIXIE bike! I want to win it cause i want to do a 360 degree jump in mid-air! i’m a truck driver and occasional road cyclist on a 9speed but i want to convert to fixed to help flex my legs and of course cause of the simplicity of a fixie, it looks like i can do some tricks on it and ride it like a BMX :slight_smile:

i rode my specialized allez elite road bike from brisbane to sydney solo over 7 days straight and i got a ripped left foot tendon!

this is me on my bmx and i want to do this on the CELL Mallet-360! wahooo!

Cool, post that picture 10 times and you might have a shot at entering!

haha!!! now this is my second post!! i need a fixie bike so bad! be happy to take any vintage 80’s frame and take off my 700c wheels on my road bike to the 80’s frame for now… me thinks will be ok? haha

i’m the guy shirtless… CELL Bikes model with the female lifesavers next time - hmm? maybe? yeah…

I should get the Mallet because when I look at it I get harder than Jens Voigt

I’d like an orange one, so I can put Eddy Merckx decals on it.

I can’t barspin, but I do have tattoos. None of my bikes can be trusted to do the tricks on them.

FWIW, I’m not allowed to have any more bikes, until we buy a new house. Then i can have as many as i want. The catch is, i won’t be able to afford anything!

Ah balls I might as well enter too. I would like to win a Cell Mallet because I’d like to give tricking on fixed a go.

I got into fixed gear bicycles when I went to visit my girlfriends brother in London. There were loads of dudes with sweet rides doing the NJS walk, I was like woooooooooooowwwww and they were like yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh and we all went shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt then high fived and I’ve been into it ever since. True story.

I’d like a cell 360 so I can learn bar spins and sustained mono’s…

my current bike is a rusty heap of trek steel 90’s mountain bike that weighs a ton,
and a 360 will make it cheaper for me to get to work in sydney where I have had to move for
a new job, which I haven’t been paid for yet so cant fix the trek… lame

also been looking at the 360 anyway and want to get one after a borrowed
mates fixie had to be returned.

Can I please enter?

I would love to win the orange one as it looks really nice, and/ or shiny. it would fit in my room, and under my groin, very snugly for both positions. I have been riding for yonks, the biggest bike-related regret was swapping a Redline FS860 for some piece of rubbish dual shock at Cashies a few years ago. I have not been over the handlebars for a while. That said, if i had this bike under me, I would be more than happy to do it as it looks like the bike would survive.

I have been riding since I was young. I used to strip parts off my new bikes to build up my 16" chrome bike, which included putting 990 brakes on the front, ridiculous i know, since i am 6’4, and i havnt just magically grown this long in the last few moments.

I ride fixed now, and want to continue on a shiny new number.

I want it because, like everyone else, I am a merch whore.

Well, I would like a free CELL mallet. Who wouldnt?

It has everything to do with my nationality. Being dutch, the free things in life are what i am all about. Sunrise, clean air, friends buying me beers and leaving the bar drunk without spending any of my hard earned cash. Ahh, the joys of being dutch.

As a dutchman, ive been riding bikes all my life. But only after moving to Melbourne i found out about things such as ‘colorways’, ‘deep v rims’ and ‘bike culture’. My 70s conversion gets me where i need to be, which used to be all i cared about back home, but how cool would it be to get there in style? Melbourne’s hipsters would finally take me serious. I could go cruising around town in my orange soccer jersey, pretending my home country didnt lose the world cup final this week. People would laugh and point, but i wouldnt be bothered by it and do a barspin whilst singing the national anthem. We deserve that cup. Just like i deserve a damn mallet 360.

And if i don’t get it, i’ll blame the referee.