Lemontime - food fashion leader

There was a tiny Pub in Bristol I used to frequent years ago that did an awesome bacon and stilton

I grew up on salami and cheese, taste sensation!

slight variation for me on this classic
cheese, tomato and vegemite, great hangover cure.

I don’t mind the ol’ tuna, cheese, red onion and tomato on multigrain.

Spaghetti Bolognaise jaffles are all time.

big call bro …

ahead of the times for the 'Gong :wink:

Heston’s pro tip:

Pre-cook the bread with (clean/new) sponges cut into little triangles in place of the filling. Remove sponge, add filling to finish off, and cook to perfection. No overdone fillings.

Seriously. But I’ve never tried it.

Dunno bro. Sounds contrived … in place of being simple.
It’s kind of like lighting candles and putting on Barry White just to have a wank.

^ actual lols spizza

hell yes!!

Of course it’s contrived, but the theory is that the cheese goes rubbery and forces out the oils when over cooked.

LOL. Reminds me of the scene from 40 Year Old Virgin.

Sorry bro … couldn’t resist the funny :wink:

I know where Heston is shooting at but that means cutting up a new sponge for each grilled sandwich then throwing it away. Plus i’m not 100% about cooking with a plastic sponge (even if only briefly) thinking it may impart or leave something that tastes like sponge. I don’t doubt Heston, he does some incredible stuff but this is just a lazy way to cook something for dinner/snack that were talking about.

To make it simpler: if it’s something a hardcore stoner could stuff up/get wrong then it’s not part of the game imo.

Calling jaffles brevilles is the most fucking blasphemous thing on the planet.

Call it a jaffle if you use one of these and are camping …

Otherwise it’s a Breville and was probably the biggest culinary influence during the 70’s in Australia. Still the one to buy as making a Sumbeam or Russell Hobbs sandwich doesn’t have the same iconic sound to it.
It is what it is little brother.

Cream corn jaffles ( I prefer the original name, we need a poll ) are so tasty.

I grew up with them called “toasty toasties”. Maybe it’s an Adelaide thing, maybe my family was retarded.

lolz…

I’m pretty sure my fiance calls them this sometimes, she grew up in Adelaide.

Pre scrambled egg, cheese and ketchup go alright as well.