Lemontime - food fashion leader

Yeah, I have had them for the last 3 days in a row.

Ham, Cheese, Red Onion, Aioli, Added a bit of butter to the outside of the bread and made it golden brown. We call them Toasted sandwiches.

black pudding, baked beans and cheese…mmmmmmm

Grew up in Melbourne calling them Brevilles. Kinda call them jaffles now, but I feel dirty doing it.

As a kid it was either cheese or tinned spaghetti. I still eat the fuck out of tinned spaghetti Brevilles at the drop of a hat, but I also bloody love creamed corn, ham and cheese, or anything left over. Rod, spag bol is a winning filling.

Sorry Spizza, you maybe the Lord of the Breville™ but you ain’t no #ironjafflechef
There is a new kid on the block and his jaffles are rockin’ - you, and all of Hipstagram, know who you are.

Me, I’m the old skool Breville™ maker:

4 Breville™/jaffles in every can.

Ham, cheese, tomato with freshly ground pepper is also hard to beat.
Ham off the bone and a sharp pecorino and it’s starting to look gourmet without being derived or needing a surgeons sponge.

But the gauntlet has been thrown down for the best jaffle with ‘simple’ ingredients.
No high end Kumo truffles. No Tibetan Gold Worm. Just basic stuff, unless it’s red hydro.

Left over Shepards pie, tinned spaghetti and cheese + ham among my favourites.

Mexican mince is also notable.

Correct.

Universally acknowledged as the greatest jaffle filling.

I think you hit it on the head there.

Banana bread, grilled bananas, strawberries, walnuts, nutella. One of my all time, number one #jaffles.

H/C/T is always good for an easy one. Mix it up and fang in some Basil, maybe a 50/50 parmesan / cheddar mix all up in that.

Beef stew was a notable banger of past experience. Little bit moist but if eaten quickly retains its crunchy exterior and delicious interior.

Bacon, egg and cheese is excellent for the man (or woman) who needs breakfast on the go (but lets be real, a jaffle would pretty much make this meal take longer, sooo, whatever).

Plain nutella is excellent for a cute lil winter treat.

The Mi Goreng jaffle is currently on the cards. I’m not sure when the attempt will be made, but it could either fail miserably, or completely define a generation of jaffles and jaffle-making. Stay tuned.

The Fillet ‘o’ fish jaffle is still a go. I keep saying maybe but tomorrow could be the day.

Jaffologist™

Edge of my god damned seat…

The moment my 'newly moved out of home, 19 year old, broke uni student self ’ discovered this one, it was a revelation.

place in bottom piece of bread, push it down with your fingers to create a ‘trough’ and then crack an egg into it. add whatever your heart desires (typical omlette combo’s work well). Close jaffle maker and open a couple of minutes later to some serious satisfaction.

BANGER

YOu can slice that off and put it between pieces of bread…

Can of tuna and some mozzarella.

Family friend used to make a desert jaffle with Cadbury chocolate, normally fruit and nut or alike, to eat after his regular jaffle. Serious burn hazard

Gordy, cream corn is a banger and I love corn jacks

So I’m 31 and a fifth generation tradie, there’s nothing I havnt seen cooked.

Now just to clarify for you amateurs

A jaffle has a diagonal line that once cooked creates two halves

A toastie is when cooked in a press.

Presses are the best because you can also cook bacon and eggs,

Always heat the thing first and use the crust to clean it, (that’s what the crust on the end is for).

The original is ham cheese tomato,

The best is spaghett Bol

The most obscure is banana, ham and sweet chilli.

This thread needs pics…and smell-o-vision.

nah… jaffle is cooked in an iron. toastie/breville is electric.

Ham, cheese, mushrooms and 1000 Island drssing