I know that this could have been covered before, but fuck it. Lets talk bags.
I am in the market for a backpack as I am outgrowing the crumpler messenger bag that I am currently using.
· The bag that I am on the look out for is something that is super functional for commuting, so it will need to carry shoes, jacket, shirt, gstring, etc.
· It needs to be waterproof as I carry the work back up drive to and from home each day.
· I would like a couple of external pockets for easy access to mobile phone / wallet / keys / drink bottle
· A place to clip a rear light onto and a few reflective strips would be good, but it is not necessary
· When not full of stuff, I don’t want a bag that still will feel bulky and be a nuisance.
· A bag that doesn’t create blind spots when riding
The main thing is as well, is I want it to help me out when travelling around the States later this year.
So I will be walking in cities a lot, camping + hiking. So it needs to be as comfortable as possible when walking around all day.
I have done a lot of research on particular bags, but I think I am in that state where I have done to much and yet there is still no clear contender and I am just reading the same shit over and over again. The main reason is I haven’t been able to try any on and see how it moves around when you have a full load in it. A site that I stumbled upon has helped a lot: Carryology | Exploring better ways to carry bags, wallets & more. with articles such as:
So I am looking for people to give me some feedback / advice who have done a bit of travelling with their bags that they use day in and day out when commuting as well. As well as what they do and don’t like about their bag.
Any help will be welcomed with fairy claps.