LOOK track fork compatibility??

Hey, can anyone tell me if this fork will need some special proprietary crown race/ headset? In my (some what limited) experience the fork crown to steerer tube junction is usually square and the crown race has the angled face that matched the bottom headset cup… right? This fork looks to have that angled face integrated. Cant seem to find much out on the LOOK website. OR can anyone advise a headset that will accommodate this style of fork. OR am I an idiot and it’s fine your seeing things!? Anyone…

Weird, looks like it’s been made with the crown race shape as part of the mold.

The race that came with the FSA headset I bought was too tall, so I had to get a stock 464 headset (also FSA) from Saint Cloud.

Looks like this.

Looks like alot of crabon road forks which are made with the race integrated into the mould, usually a cartridge bearing sits straight onto them.

I’ve seen some shit road bikes with that but a loose ball race.

What does the frame look like?

If for the 464 alloy track frame they do.

@chuingbeans looks a little dicky? Dose it Sint in the frame alright?

Sits as it should, with a little gap in between the frame and fork. The race is tapered a little so it sits nicely on the fork.

Before I sourced the right headset, I tried installing the it without a race. It looked good enough, but I remember it being heaps sloppy unless I put a lot of preload onto it.

Sits as it should, with a little gap in between the frame and fork. The race is tapered a little so it sits nicely on the fork.

I did try installing the original headset without a race, which looked good enough. But I remember it being heaps sloppy unless I put a lot of preload onto it.

My fork (for Look 585) looks very much like what chuingbeans just posted. Then the FSA headset goes on it.
If MikeD’s right I guess you’re all good? But I’m like you I find it somewhat puzzling.

I’d shoot an email to Nick at St Cloud as they stock the 464.

Loki,

Like Mike says, its an integrated race and you run the lower bearing straight onto the fork as is. You don’t need a proprietary headset, you only need to determine whether the bearing seat angle is 36 or 45 degrees. A good bike shop will have a tool for determining this.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: a easy way to see if you need a specific headset would be to place a standard Cane Creek/FSA cartridge bearing onto the fork and see how low it sits on it. Provided there is a small gap underneath I can’t imagine that you’d have issues with the steerer fouling on the crown.

This might help too:

Headset Fit Finder | Cane Creek Cycling Components

What frame is it going in Loki?
It looks integrated

fwiw, the CC headset finder said I need a IS42 headset but after measuring the ID of my HT, I actually needed a IS41 headset.

Cool. OK so Dayne it would go a Menzies BUT upon closer investigation and a quick phone call I should have made thisarvo the fork hasn’t got the rake I’m after soooooooooo never mind y’all

Sorry.

Cool ii that’s what I was thinking most new track bikes are more tarck plus won’t fit on all frames