Lurkers

I lurk in your nostrils

This is a LURKER!

not just a lurker on the internet; a lurker in real life.

ahahahahahahahaha
made my day

no I’m a lurker…

…well ya feeling lucky?

I lurk, a lot, and log in when I feel like saying something.

I suppose it’s a bit like the light in the fridge.

i gotta admit, i got a kick out of it too.

A thought…

Given the recent boom in member numbers and the stuff going up for sale, I propose something like the above to Admin, to incorporate in the rules for the Sales section. When there weren’t many members a few years back, we mostly knew each other (one way or another) and there were never any problems.

I suggest that (as a courtesy) if you are interested in buying/selling an item, you PM your mobile number so that the other party can make contact after the initial PM. It’s too easy to anonymously PM your interest and then stuff someone around, as seems to happen more and more nowadays.

Now this doesn’t relate to ‘lurkers’ per se, as someone may not post much, but still be honest in their buying or selling. It does seem to happen with new members a lot though and is becoming more of a problem. Or else, we just publicly ‘out’ the troublemakers. I’ll start! :evil:

And, I have had both buyers and sellers do this before. An ‘honesty’ system only works if people are honest.

My 2c !

puts on red nose and big floppy shoes

Hi everyone!

Not only is this my first post, but I went out of my way to finally register just to post it :stuck_out_tongue:

Up until now i’ve been an unregistered lurker. I felt that registering and posting wasn’t fully justified since I don’t have a fixie yet. I’m still reading into what I need/should get instead of starting a “noob building first fixie” type thread and getting flamed to shit. Personally a minimum post count to the for sale items is fine with me. As others have stated many other forums (some other ones I read AND post to) have this policy.

Anyway here is a joke to entertain. Sorry if you’ve heard it before:
Mens Advice Column

Dear Sir:
I have never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected that my wife has been cheating on me. 
The usual signs: phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently. 
When I ask their names, she always says "just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I try to stay awake and look out for her when she comes home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never broached the 
subject with my wife. I think deep down I just did not want to know the truth. But last night she went out again and I decided 
to finally check on her. around midnight, I hid in the garage behind my bicycles so I could get a good view of the whole street 
when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls". When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, which 
was open and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment, crouching behind my bicycles, that I noticed a hairline crack where the top tube meets the stem on 
my Colnago. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the shop where I bought it?

good joke. would read again.

hahaha

i habve just discovered this thread, bummer it is gold, you bunch of old jaded bitches have a cupa and a lie down.

but that beikng said it is a tad annoying the whole buying/selling thing with somany people i aint never dissed sayin they will buy my shit and then pulling out.

also could you have a spell check introduced i need that siht bade

Clearly. Isn’t there one in your browser?

Is English no longer taught in schools? You would think so reading some of the posts on here.

Spell check? Dictionaries and thesauruses are the fixed gears of good writing.

oh shi…

well maybe me like to be gooda about spell things but … mash pedal round round go me go fast.

as far as broswers(thought this was about lurkers…ha) go i only got ‘the email’ about 2yrs ago and i married a dbl honrs english kinda girl keeps me on the straight and narrow but here i am off the hook so fuk gramma (not realy i am just jealous of smarts) fullstops and par.agraphs

Anyone who can’t be bothered to spell ‘fuck’ is taking the piss. Thanks for playing.

i thought that spelling made me down with who ever comes after genY… the ones who drop all vowels and use numbers and stuff.

thesauruses ? srsly?

also i think it was the 1337 speakers of the late 90s interwebbers who are to blame, not gen Y :slight_smile:

so we’re blaming gen-X nerds then?

Not when they’re named after a 1940s comic made into a cartoon in the 80s and 90s. Edit: and post on the Vogue forums… just a little off at the back thanks.

1337 and BBS acronyms have nothing to do with it.