[MEL] The Hour : Sat 17th Nov 7:30 Fed Sq.

I will come down and watch/heckle, might bring the track bike to do a couple of laps between the two hours of power, but I wont be doing an hour myself.

I love how ridiculously tall Ondrej is. 190mm cranks? Insane.

ndf; can i ride my disc and will i get heckled like Dimos on Sunday? HAH.

No big bump!!! Nice

are you bringing a camera Lisa?
we will need someone to take pics

Spud: I dunno if that disc will survive 100+ laps of Brunswick velodrome. I’ts pretty bumpy out there - even with the cracks filled. If you are willing to risk it - yeah!! go nuts, just don’t get blown over in the crosswinds :wink:

Some more news: Alf is running racing that afternoon. Brent and I will be racing along with some others from the club, so if anyone wants to hang around after the hour, or come back at about 1 - we’d love to have you there!

It’s open to anyone with a current racing license.

Can do! :smiley:

That would have ruled me out anyway!

Just to clarify:

• A race license is needed for the afternoon racing.

• The hour is open to ANYONE.

Lookin good…

Fine at first, but cloud increasing during the day with a few showers developing
and the chance of a thunderstorm. Moderate northwest to northerly wind shifting
fresh southwest to southerly by the afternoon.

Precis: Few showers developing.
City: Min 16 Max 24

I’ve got the Ken all set up track stylez and went for a spin around the track this morning. Interesting feeling spinning around at 40 odd k’s with no brakes, I’d never ridden on a track with an actual track bike before. :-o

i can’t find my longer chain, so i’ll be running street gear( edit: actually, no, i’ll have a big gear), except i’ve got a flat, so hopefully the patch i’ve just glued on sticks and i make to fed square on time, otherwise i’ll rumble on down later.

It becomes addictive, don’t worry though. This is one of the good addictions :wink:

that was my first ride on a track since i was about 11 on my bmx. glad i came down, though.

Good fun… although I’m not so sure that it was a good choice for my first ride after being off the bike for almost 4 months. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t set myself any kind of target but about half way through I was telling myself, “fuck this, as soon as I hit 80 laps I’m stopping…” But managed to hold out for 86 and the full hour (minus drink stops of course). I reckon I did alright for an out of shape, pack a day smoker. :roll: (I really should get around to quitting one day, maybe next year)

Thanks to ndf for organising it, I’ll see if I can get some of my pics uploaded at some point.

Thanks to everyone who turned up to ride or heckle. Very tough conditions today with the wind and sun kept everyone below our last attempts, but it was a fun morning at the Brunswick track.

Best effort award goes to Steve: 104 + 2/3 laps.

I’ll check all the split times and make up cards for next week.

Another great fixed event.
Thanks to Nath for organising it and yelling at me for an hour, it mad all the difference towards the end.
Thanks to everyone yelling at the end.

and a big thanks to nath!

It was great to see some new faces having a go

Thanks to ndf and all the crew for a great morning!
Well done Steve ‘The Champion’

Other images can be found <a href=“http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=42012645%40N00&q=velodrome&m=text”>Here</a>

And yes Garth, that’s your frame buddy! It’s performing great.

:lol:

Looking good! It’s really nice to see it built up after having it sit around here so long as a frame.

How’d you go for the Hour? How long was a lap?

-Garth

Yeah good- I think I got one less than Steve- so would that be 103 laps?
I’m not sure how long it is- ndf?
YEAH!