[MELB] Looking for a job.

fed square tmrw at 6:30pm!

I know this was an old post, but the closure of the Market on Commercial road was a very sad day for me. Im straight, and that was my favourite nightclub in Melbourne. The boys knew how to party. Always plenty of girls about too… VB with little umbrella in the top = straight-billboard

Well, after seven months of contracting, with zero job security, I’ve finally got a sweet job working on the new Bendigo Hospital project. So, the Beakers are moving to Bendigo!

Hooray for

1. Beaker
  2. Bendigo
  3. Hospitals

all round good story.

Bendigo has great riding on and off road, and what seems like the most pumping orienteering crew in Aus. A nice sport for little’uns! And big’uns.

Congrats mate.

Radness!

Congrats! Always wanted to do a Brewery Ride out to Bendigo.

but. but…

you’ll be missed, but congratulations. bendigo is rad.

Cheers dudes. Pretty excited. Not about leaving behind all my riding buddies of course, but for almost every other conceivable reason it’s a winner of a move.

Bit of a dearth of craft beer up that way unfortunately, but these guys are trying to change that.

I meant your brewery :smiley:

Bit of a dearth of craft beer up that way unfortunately, but these guys are trying to change that.

Some blokes I know are those guys - its a good thing, the place is getting better, every time I visit there is something new. its no longer the white bread wasteland of my childhood.

Great riding up there the open roads are probably no more than 20min from any part of town. There are a few bunch rides of a weekend all pretty welcoming - but its freezing this time of year early AM.

Surprisingly I find the local car driving public quite reasonable, excluding the odd bogan in a ute out in the countryside.

Ah of course! There’s clearly a gap in the market there. Combine it with Rolly’s next FOA overnighter and you can all camp in my backyard.

congrats.

Well done! One of Australia’s best BMXers came out of Bendigo (Ben Moran)

In the meantime I’m still unemployed, should have made a Canberra version of this after I moved. Trying to land a job counting turtle eggs as a research assistant in the gulf of carpentaria…

the dole is pretty much a job.

at least full-time FOA posting person is…

given I have to hold one down to pay for you, you’re pretty much right.

Congrats dude, my sister was working for that hospital before she had her 3rd boy, seems like a lot of work can be had up there. I head to Kyneton pretty regularly, perhaps we could meet halfway for a ride sometime?

Mt Macedon? I know a few keen people :wink:

This sounds pretty good!