Melbourne Bike theif found

He’s pretty easy to find on Facebook with a mutual friend to most if the details in this thread are correct.

Isn’t making it harder for him to steal bikes the point?

This photo from his profile is pretty amazing though.

i’m sure lots of people here have mutual friends with him

** mod edit **

Nice guitar.

y’know
crimestoppers also have an online form where you can submit photos and info about crimes

does this guy play guitar?
edit: Posted after JLN

Hey, I had a guitar like that nicked!

Please don’t post links to his profile.

why not?

i searched alex burk and no such luck, there is a nice brunette that goes by the name alex burk though, so my time wasn’t completely wasted.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=alex+burk&o=2048&sid=750093202.3507995072..1&s=10#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=search&id=100000509870529

Because nothing in this thread so far is anything more than opinion and rumour. There’s no proof that the person mentioned at the start of this thread is a thief, or the person in the linked profile is (a) the same person or (b) a thief.

huzzah for sliver linings…

i too also have a mutual FB link to alleged bike nabber.

he looks like a douche…

exactly, even if he does return the bike, give the cops his details. Quite frankly I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be reporting him.
Even if they don’t do much about it just the very fact that he will be a known bike thief by the police makes it easier if any of this shit occurs again down the track

i would happily let her ride my bicycle around the block. im not sure i would even care if she ran off with my bicycle. nice facebook stalking skills.

She had me up umtil I saw the I’m doing a huge shit facebook uodate, stay classy alex burk…

Why is this dudes name being edited out? If he wants to steal bikes and boast about it, surely he could deal with the fact that people don’t like that, and would like to let him know.

Should I post a photo? Or would that just be edited out?

+1!

i amsure word of mouth will catch up with him, posting photos/names can only lead to trouble for our web-site/community if he ends up in a bad way physicaly because of some vigilanty shite.Leave it out. i like comming here…dont ruin it. let the coppers know get lock wise.

yep.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/lock-strategy.html

if you want to get all innarnet dick on this gent, get in touch with each other via PM or each other’s email. or start a facebook group? :roll: there’s nothing that hasn’t been solved by doing that. it’s !rocketscience.

This thread is now about stalkbooking the :female_sign: alex and her scene friends

etc etc

lock wise? lock thread am i rite

and for fuck’s sake OP it’s thief
[right]… kids these days … grumble[/right]