Melbourne Cup Day ride - Warby Trail - Tue 6/11/12

this was actually my intention last year but, after a few ranga ales and getting back much later than planned, i decided to pass. pretty sure DISC on cup day is a ghost town…

I am probably in, looking forward to meeting some people from the forum. I hope that i won’t be the only one riding fixed, it seems like everyone here has more appropriate setups

new beardo bike will handle fo sho.

there’ll likely be someone else riding fixed, but even if there isn’t it’s piece of piss.

GH and I were thinking about riding out to Lillydale or back rather than catching the train. Is this a stupid idea as we will miss the party carriage?

its not stupid but you will be leaving somewhat early to meet us @ lilydale (bearing in mind that its cup eve the night before and people tend to 'ave it large the night before).

but its been done before…

for me, the “party carriage” is pretty much applying sunscreen and copping ranga jokes the whole way to lilydale. so, if i were you, i’d be getting the train.

i’ll be riding fixed. well providing i go, its around exam time : (

what was your excuse last year? some wedding? exams now hey?! pffft

I’m gonna try to get in on this, but can you give me a bit more notice next time, Rolly?

there’s method to the madness. but seeing as you asked, the next one will be Tuesday November 5th, 2013. put it in the diary.

can we get a separate thread for it, don’t want the info/discussions getting crossed…

yeh wedding. what kinda assholes get married on melbourne cup day? i could always defer my exam if there’s a clash, i hear this is the new roobaix.

Im in just to see Rolly tread in dog shit again.

Good times peeps.

worst.

chris, you can no longer come.

i’ll make the t-shirts.

I’m in. Need an excuse to actually ride the cx bike this year.

Couldn’t resist. :smiley:

everyone should ride their fixies like the first time we did this.

ftfy