Melbourne Cup Day ride - Warby Trail - Tue 6/11/12

i do have a 24mm tyre with tread on it that i think might just fit into my sw8 fiqqzie

haha, it’s actually spot on. Although I’m currently enjoying a very hot summer in the U.S. right now, so that’s a reason also.

EDIT: shoulda quoted Lyndons post.

you don’t need knobbies. i did it on 25 gators. i’m pretty hardcore though.

glad you’re keeping to tradition & unable to make it due to random reasons.

4 weeks people, 4 weeks…

you gonna get tara jayne to make another flyer?

nah, I’ll leave that in your capable, FB equipped, hands.

thanks mate

im down! Wooo

ok folks, here’s the details for next tuesday 6th.

leaving at 10.30am from lilydale train station. plenty of options available to get you there on time if you’re getting the train, but the best option is below (no need to change trains):

Departing FLINDERS STREET station - Lilydale line - 9.07am
Arriving LILYDALE station - 10.15am

jump on the carriage nearest the driver for FOA carriage domination like the pic at the top.

plenty of time to hit up the coles for last minute provisions etc, but we’ll be rolling out at 10.30 sharp.

it’s 80k’s total, all hard packed gravel and pretty much all flat. i’ll probably take my singlespeed with 28’s, but i’ve done it fixed with 23’s with no issues, so pretty much anything will be fine (maybe not generic hipsters BT though). cruisy pace, delicious pastry treats at warburton and then beers on the train home from lilydale.

worth mentioning, this is a well used trail, there will be walkers/kids on bikes/horses/cyclists/dogs and everything in between, so please remember to keep to the left and, to quote dave morgan from BCC, “USE YOUR VOICES” to let everyone know when we’re passing all of these fun ostacles! last thing we want is for some old dear to get smashed by a bunch of bearded cyclists, james and duggan have already ticked that box this year :wink:

HAVE FUN PEEPS AND REMEMBER THE LOLZ WILL BE IN ABUNDANCE.

tell your partners, housemates, work chums, that cute girl/guy that makes your coffee at your favourite cafe every morning, tell everyone, let’s get the fuck outta town and leave all the muppets to get blind and embarrassing watching some horse run about.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Will this go anywhere near “Vegan Baker”?
Need some sour dough.

sweet, I’m gonna be in town for this.

I’m in.

i don’t know where iain is exactly but i think warburton is his neck of the woods, maybe blakey or angry could enlighten us??

maybe he’d like to meet us at warburton and join us for the return leg…?

OK cheers - tossing up between Tuesday track, which I cannot usually get to, and following you guys at discrete distance such that you don’t know if I’m really with you or just some random going the same way. :wink:

in my experience, DISC on cup day is a ghost town.

follow at a distance if you choose, but know that there will be MANY LOLZ that you will miss.

just remembered I saw this one a ride on the Warby trail a year or so ago.

if a chihuahua riding a donkey isn’t an endorsement. . . .

ermagerd

I’m in. #yolo.

EDIT: I will be getting on at Glenferrie, so save me a seat.

I was going to go to work but after reading about this i think that i will be ‘sick’ on that day. Woo Hoo!

well this is going to be swell

can we sing those songs the military tend to chant when marching?

“i like coffee, i like tea. i like riding to warby” etc?

Pixies, pixies, left my partner down in Dixie, with 24 flats and broken fixie