Melbourne Gravel Grinders #7 - King of Lake

^^^^ may i present to you the new spokes model for cycle atellier ranga :stuck_out_tongue:

It should also be noted that rolly was wearing a jersy with saftey orange under that jaket as well for the ultimate in colur co-ordination

Actually, it was a super-ginger-scot jersey.

$10 at the Knog sale the other day.

Wonder if I can get a replacement Honda Civic key at the Honda sale fro $10. Haeding back to Hurstbridge tomorrow to meet a locksmith to cut me a new car key. $400 ride!

Geez Reuben, i feel for you, been there with toyota keyless entry $$$$

have you lost something on each of these rides.

What makes it worse is Reuben triumphantly showing us his saddlebag before the ride, where he was going to store his gloves so he wouldn’t be fishing in his pockets and lose anything. <foreboding>

Big thanks to Blakey and Angry for once again putting together a great ride. This one seemed to be the hardest yet perhaps? Well my legs are still feeling it two days later which is a fair indication of a good ride. Cheers!

Here are some of my shots from the ride:

Oh god, that hill in the last pic. I saw one MTBer winch her way up it on the granny gear; she was about done by the end of it though.

that hill makes me sad I didnt ride it. Spent most of the day in bed, didnt come because my little girl had a perferated ear-drum. Not sleeping because of her I ended up with a severe cold and was sucking down codiene and anti-biotics like they were going out of fashion.

was probably rolly.

Damn Si, that really tough. I hope you and your little girl are now on the mend. It was a real shame that you couldn’t make it. Slinky, for one, could really have done with some company/navigational assistance - he fell off the back of our group and took a wrong turn just after Kinglake. He ended up rolling into Lilydale on nightfall @ 100+kms :eek:

See you on the next ride,
D

Results are up. Full report to follow soon :

Melbourne Gravel Grinders: MGG #7 results

If you’ve got any photos or stories you’d like to share, shoot me an email or PM.

Full report (finally!) :

Melbourne Gravel Grinders: MGG #7 Report

Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks to everyone whose photos I nicked!