Melbz- Roubaix 2013 - get in now !!

They’re all nominees for the urban fixxie cycling hall of fame.

plz consider having this at 99 probz.

The only guy I’d nominate is now 75. I met him when he was 74 and bought an All City Big Block with all hand picked parts and rode it home for it’s maiden voyage (45km away). When I asked him what gear inch he’d like … “74 inches” he grinned !!

He rides around 500km’s a week, 80% fixed and lives in the hills. Nobody will ever hear of him and he likes it that way. Lives to ride.

coz near your house? i’m open to suggestion tho. nothing in concrete yet.

yea, anything more than four blocks from home is too far when you’re a lazy shit like me.

beaufort prob makes more sense though. reckon they’d let us play some tunes?

hmmm, that would be rad. might wander in there the week prior and ask some questions.

on the night i’ll come by yours and pick you up.

thanks cutie

FOA: driving to cycling events since '05

Velodrone in tha hizouse!

only xbbx

TC: I drove to the SnS, but only becasue Zltn needed a lift into the city…

…it had nothing to do with not getting my bike dirty.

One dj set full of math rock and Fugazi from Velodrone and one dj set full of kpop and electro/screamo from Mckenny.

I’ll come down to Melb for that

oh and i’ll prob play the guitar-screamy bit at 1:00 from ‘best of best world’ from midnight oil. it’s croosh.

It was wet that day if I recall. Mr. Fairweather

only for about 20 minutes in the evening. fkn pissed down!

There was a cloud in the sky.

a former mod rode his high end special-ed w/ obligatory zipps a couple of times in the M-R (maybe even to being the first to arrive at HSV one year?)

he reported no issues, but it might have been all the masking tape he used to ‘camouflage’ it in case of ‘warranty’ problems.

he also programmed his garmin so it would read out the best route for him… which again defeats the purpose of the event.

H - riding a Cx is relatively boring, and likely will require taking it super easy. i just need to work out if i can cobble-proof the fruit box/rack (just so i can leave it empty to make james happy).

nah, he only did it the once, and de luca beat him home that time. this was, of course, when it was still a race.

but really, zero fucks. those who spend too long thinking about bike choice are missing the point. they should instead be spending their time thinking about how messy they are going to get at the FOA pre-roobaix mixer.

I plan to strap a rack of Tecate to the #cannondalerack for the Roobaix.

Would that be a Vespa riding ex member whose name cannot be mentioned?