Modern Campy road hubs

+1. And I reckon they’ll look heaps cooler if you take the decals off. I used to be against this, but unless the wheels are going on a modern road bike, I think it looks heaps nicer and less garish. Fulcrum Racing 7 or 5 decals are so cheesy.

Where did u buy the mavics?

I have some 32H silver Record hubs laced with DT Comps to Open Pros. They are superb wheels, simply sublime to ride.

You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got them from Ben’s Cycles. They were the only place I could find the silver Mavic Aksiums. I think they’re the 2010 or 2011 model because they’re all black rims now.

Those silver Record hubs are great.

Test fitting. Look pretty good and not too modern for the frame. We’re hopefully building it all up on Sunday, so full pics then.

like these ones?

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Damn you to heeeeeeeeellllllllllll!!!

I have a set of the hubs from this gruppo and people always seem to rag on them.
Will get them built up sooner than later and see if this is true.

What rims would folks suggest other than OpenPros?
I’m leaning towards a Velocity OC for the rear, so either a set of Aeroheads or Synergys.

+1 - I think the wheels will look much nicer on that bike without the decals.

I’m not fazed about the decals. I think my wife wants them off, so I’ll get some Goo Gone and do it this weekend.

After seeing all the sweet parts I’m kind of jealous of her new bike. She’s lucky it’s too small for me.

i have two sets of those hubs. they are just as good, but less pretty.

Orange oil deodoriser is excellent for doing this as well. Cheap from the supermarket.
I’d also suggest giving the braking track a wipe with acetone afterwards to remove the oil.

Good to hear. What do you have these laced to?