Munster Track - Halloween Alleycat 2010

do it in the rain, i’ve got the creepiest checkpoint outfit lined up for this

yeah well, get pumped suckers. distance is around 24 km.

YouTube - 30 Rock - Werewolf Bar Mitzvah (full version)

wow. that clip was spooky. scary!

Was running late anyway, but jumping astride my bike to find the back tyre completely flat settles it. Obviously I’m out, and can take off my Soviet Superman costume. Where’s the finish line?

done done done. real hard man race. the rain started as the race got underway, ellpea got a phone call after 10 mins to say that Gene had crashed out, then no word for a real long time till the first finishers sowed up.

1st place Ryan, 2nd place Chaz, 3rd Blaine (?)

here’s an approximate map, Radisson On Flagstaff Gardens to Victoria Market - Google Maps

Ryan said around 33km irl.

Great race, despite the DNF, Nik and i had a blast! Nothing less kvlt than going around in circles looking lost. Thanks Lam, and thanks everyone else for being fun despite the shit weather.

edit: Benzy, you’re out of control.

Good on ya Liam, last checkpoint sucked tho haha.
A bunch of us went and got pissed afterwards with a texta and shit got rude, texta tattoo pics up soon…

^ shit got rude is an understatement. life lesson, don’t EVER give coffee a sharpie

getting a flat before the start was probably the best thing that happened all night. was much more fun staying a little dryer and drinking beers.

The route on that map makes it look so easy… i reckon our group somehow managed to double the distance. Total punishment!

hehe…

was what i’d expected from liam in terms of racing :slight_smile:

probably more disappointed at my brainfarts during the race and my lack of prep than anything, but the beers and laughs at the end washed away all my regrets.

i’ve seen those sharpie shots… hilarious!

Awesome race, made even more awesome by the terrible weather.

Thanks again to Liam for putting it on!

And what’s up to the sore-loser who yelled out ‘cheaters’ as Shannon and I rode off. Don’t blame me that your shit at riding bikes, bro.

I make it just under 33 for us. - MapMyRide.com | View 01/11/2010 Route in Melbourne, Australia

Awesome ride, awesome post ride beers.

Highlights: Riding hard as fuck in the rain, creating massive leads only to have them reeled back in every time I got lost, hitting some tram tracks and crashing into a whole lotta wheelie bins, riding through that puddle near the bike path that turned out to be about six times deeper that it looked, finally finishing and realising every item of clothing I was wearing was soaked through, but not really caring about it, pip dismounting with a slab, having a story recounted to me about some guy who crashed into a whole lotta bins, and then witnessing the utter debauchery at bimbo’s much later on…

Great race, great night - nice work Liam.

yep had a rad night, relentless heavy rain, creative check points (knew that car park from years ago) came in 4th, damn happy with that, good beers at the end with plenty of smiles all round. thanks Liam!!

awesome night man and what i raced of the course was good fun too

sore this morning but fuck the drinks and the shit talking at the markets last night was well worth it

low point of the night was getting back to the girlie’s house after all the drinking was done and crashing yet again in her drive way fucking up my other leg!
knew i shoulda just gone to bimbos

thanks heap liam was a good night all round

jesus chaz, you really did get lost.

gee sounds like fun, sorry i missed it…

hahahahahahahaha

It took me so long to get the sharpie off me the next day… Fuck

Speaking of hard men, here’s some actual sharpies. And with sick tatts too.

YouTube - Rare 1974 insight to Sharpies in Melbourne