Musicians thread.

My attempt at being a musician lasted only a few years when I was very young. Like a good wog boy my parents made me learn and take classes playing the piano accordian. I hated the teacher (he probably hated me ), it was always tearful and I resented every minute.

Later in life I decided to support musicians by dealing drugs.

I did play the bongo’s/percussion a few times (but I ain’t no Tito Puente) as well as finding a happier home spinning vinyl/cdj’s/traktor. The latter mostly for free drinks/drugs and the chance to play music really loudly. I can’t say for sure whether I was good or bad as it mostly a blur.

I studied composition at vca… But haven’t really written any thing serious since…

I play a couple of instruments but originally played saxophone…

Gear wise I have quite a collection but nothing super exciting… I do like thrashing out on my 7-string Jackson (the same as Scott hull from pig destroyer!) and have always wanted to play in a grind band, with a one man black metal side project :slight_smile: oh and maybe a chance to play in a John zorn project!..

I didn’t know you were in that band. I’m pretty sure we have played together at one point or another.

I’ve been in Nexstep, Sense Of Purpose, In Name And Blood, Terror Firma, 731, Collapsed, Trench Sisters and Extinct Exist.

Guitar rig = Epiphone SG, HM2, Reeves Custom 225, Marshall 4x12.

Bass = Precision, MXR bass od, big bottom, Boss bass od, Ampeg SVT VR, Trace Elliot 8x10.

I got my first real six-string, found it in the Trading Post. I played it till my fingers bled - was the summer of '99.

Me and some guys from uni had a band and we didn’t try real hard. Jimmy quit, Carl got laid, shoulda known we’d never get far.

Oh when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever and if I had the choice I’d always want to be there.

Those were the best days of my life. sniff

In Name And Blood were awesome. My old band played with you guys at The Arthouse at least a couple of times. Or maybe it was my new band. I cant remember.

I started playing guitar, realised i couldn’t play Reign in Blood straight away, threw it in the corner, and just windmilled till i got whiplash.

Metal up your arse.

I like finding out that you probably met current friends many years ago…

I do/did a good job of gang vocals… live performances only.

I play drums.
Currently writing with a couple old band mates and am looking forward to getting back to gigging early next year.
I also am doing studio sessions for a songwriter.
My old bands were She Spits Macabre back in 04 (most fun I ever had playing music) and a rock band named Love System Deluxe. Then I had a break till about a year ago. Love being back behind the kit.

My gear is pretty basic. Late 60s pearl kit. Few zildjians.

fwiw, i’ve almost nailed the riff to smoke on the water.

Well when you do, I need a hand with it.

I play clawhammer Banjo. That is all.

i can play the spoons. wanna start an ol’ timey band?

If you played fiddle i’d say yes.

could probably give the washboard a red hot go.

Lets do this then.

More than likely.

Actually have started a new band with the other guys from My Sister The Cop (Rowan, James, Brett). Had our first jam last night. Intrigued to see where we go this time around.

I cant even play ‘Reign In Blood’ on Guitar Hero

Awesome! I wonder what crafter will have to say about it?

I’m pretty sure thesetup/INAB played with you guys in a basement bar in Adelaide when we came over with Mr Hyde and the Jeckyls.

need a jug blower?*

*not a euphemism

i’m kinda like HMC. got a bass. i didn’t sound like peter hook and/or the guy from mclusky immediately and i kinda stopped playing it pretty quickly.
i did pull it out a while ago and somehow the nut had cracked and one of the strings sounded all fuzzy and shit