My First Fixie... pretty heavy...

deep dish carbon ftw

you’re welcome.

i seeee… so what you’re saying is that carbon wheels arent as strong as the normal wheels? not as strong as aerospokes? i wanted to get the HED 3 wheels… looks like shifterbikes is all the way in victoria…

damn
expensive first bike!
nice though , good job

i was comparing an aerospoke with a built-up B43 the other day. they were about the same weight, that was just judging by hand, but yeah, both heavy.

Nothing wrong with a HED3 front wheel, except they are very expensive. An equally strong (and easily repairable) Deep-V wheelset or equivalent is probably 1/5th the cost. Think about it.

what does it matter? just buy what you think looks the best. it’s not like you’re ever gonna put any real strain on them anyway. go down to deus, hand over your thousand bucks and walk out all cool and shit.

About deus, I haven’t been yet but does anyone know if the David Jones store in Melbourne stocks bike parts? or even those sweet frames they have on their website? I emailled them but they didn’t even reply. sucksters.

sweet bike .

who cares if you have two , three , four, ten, one, or two brakes.

let the haters hate, you my friend, just enjoy your dope ride. End of the day, youre on it, not them.

peeeeeace.

“End of the day, youre on it, not them.” exactly creole…i’m glad that i don’t ride that bike, because i’d just look like another band wagon rider…that is so much money to spend on something that is your first ride. Bet it ends up in parts on ebay by xmas…

god almighty
most people would think your first build to be something crappy and thrown together because you dont know if you like it
but im not gonna trash you because you spent money on a risk.
you might end up loving it.
but whats with spending dollars on 105 brakes when you could have got something cheap

pump this out on the roobaix and we’ll see how good the wheels look

Huh? DJ’s stocking bike parts?

They’re not Tokyu Hands.

nice leader frame, keep the brakes until your confident…they arent hard to remove later on

i suggest changing ratios so riding is less of a struggle and skidding is actually fun! (i run 48x19)

spotted on ozhonda forum…bit of a downgrade from the dumped euro HAHA!

Thanks =)

ive seen the deep Vs… but i still prefer the HED 3 spoke wheels. i really like fat spoke carbon wheels…

Thanks! man… yeh definitly keeping the brakes

if you have seen how much i spend on my first car… you would probably understand why i spend so much on my first bike… this is actually a downgrade… selling the car for a deposit on a mortgage and need the bike to get around… soo ill probably keep this bike for awhile… definitly till christmas 2012 =)

if im already spending big bucks on wheels and other little bits… i would not mind spending big bucks on something that could potentially save my life.

Sorry i dont understand what you’re saying? please explain… =)

Hahaha yes… a biggggg downgrade to what i was riding before… this bike is still alot cheaper than the wheels i have for sale. i miss the car though… will definitly try that gear ratio!

woho… my Giro Ionos helmet just arrived in the mail… looks soo awsome compared to my temporary Lazer 02 helmet… going to give the Lazer 02 to my gf, shes planning to buy a fixie aswell but her budget is $1000. can anyone recommend a good fixie shop in sydney? with lots of selection!

haha mate, you have sweet rides.

to those who wanna see his ride, click here

Also roobaix is a cycling race (just use the search button) and you gotta go on top of those bumpy rocks. (one section of the race)

Make the bike for your gf, not only will you save money, but you can say you made it:P

ps: ill have your old helmet for free, ill even come to your house and collect it-free!

Luke there is something… really irritating about you… ever since you joined…