My last race

Hello all,
みなさん
Konnichiwa こんにちわ

Hi!! to the person who has already known me.
and Nice to meet you!! to the person who knows me for the first time.

Sorry,my English is a beginner. Please forgive me when it is amusing.

I’m Tomity. I’m professional KEIRIN rider.
First of all, I speak about KEIRIN to you.

As you know KEIRIN is a cycling race that arose in Japan.
KEIRIN is a gambling game. After the war, KEIRIN started soon at Kokura Kyushu velodrome. It is 62 years old this year.

Fukuoka Kokura Keirin Velodrome(Indoor) 400m
‹£—ÖƒIƒtƒBƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒgbKEIRIN.JP
http://www.mediadome.co.jp/keirin/
[•Ÿ‰ªŒ§–k‹ãBŽs¬‘q–k‹æŽO”‹–ì‚R]‚P]‚P - Google ƒ}ƒbƒv](Google マップ)

YouTube -
2005 Keirin-sai
YouTube - 08

Keirin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KEIRIN was added from the world cycling championships in 1980 to the official program. and it was added from the Sydney Olympics to the official program in 2000.

After that, KEIRIN became the same universal language as the judo.
You know,Sumo Kabuki Fuji-yama Sukiyaki Tempura Otaku Manga Tsunami Daraemon… It is all Japanese that all over the world knows.

MT.FUJI

SUMO

MANGA

JUDO

DORAEMON

I liked to travel with the bicycle that had been assembled for myself at high school days. and I started cycle racing in the Hosei University age.

For me, 1kmTT was a specialty.

The all-time personal best at that time was 1 minutes 08 seconds 29.
My best race result was 3rd place in a Japan track cycling championship.

I got the engineer’s job after college.

After a while, to become KEIRIN rider, I left engineer’s company.

The reason is this.
My teammate SHIGENORI INOUE at university days became professional KEIRIN rider, succeeded very much, and became famous.

And, Japanese professional KEIRIN rider Mr.Koichi Nakano that was completely unnamed in the bicycle game field in the world won the championship with world track cycling championships sprint for the first time and was a world champion at the same time.

Afterwards, he kept continuously winning the championship ten times (still Guinness record).

He changed into the player with the most famous world in the realm of sport.

Koichi Nakano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The frame that had kept being used until he retired was NAGASAWA of NAKANO red.

NAGASAWA frame became famous worldwide because of the activity of Koichi Nakano.

Yoshiaki Nagasawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He earned the prize offor 100 million JPY ($1,015,744.0) (100,000,000JPY /$98.45) or more in total in one year (in 1980).

YouTube - Round 2 1982 World Pro Sprint Final Nakano v Singleton

(He retires in 1992 and is doing the sports commentator now. )

The event invited me to become KEIRIN rider.

Afterwards, I entered KEIRIN school to pull the pin and to become professional KEIRIN rider. The passing time of my test was 1 minutes 10 seconds 5.
The deadline was a stand for 1 minutes 13 seconds.

I debuted with Kagetsuen Keirin velodrome on April 30, 1982.

Kanagawa Kagetsuen Keirin Velodrome 400m

[_“ސ쌧‰¡•lŽs’ߌ©‹æ’ߌ©‚P]‚P]‚P - Google ƒ}ƒbƒv](http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=ja&geocode=&q=神奈川県横浜市鶴見区鶴見1‐1‐1&sll=35.62224,140.114892&sspn=0.002398,0.003696&ie=UTF8&ll=35.501736,139.668642&spn=0.002402,0.003696&t=h&z=18&msa=0&msid=115427854902467591068.00043804d4d0d52e83021)

2007International keirin in JAPAN

Rookies debut from the class of the subordinate position most. (B-class.There is no B-class now)
Race result of my debut is Preliminary 4th place, semifinal 3rd place,final 7th place.

To our regret, Kagetsuen KEIRIN velodrome closed in March this year because of the sales deficit.

I was not able to come in 1st place easily after it had debuted. After five months had passed, I won for the first time in 1st place.

After five months had passed, I won for the first time in 1st place.
I kept winning the next day (semifinal) and the final day (final) coming in 1st place, too and continuously three times. and, I did the wire-to-wire victory by the series.

KEIRIN race of Japan is usually held for three days (the preliminary contest, the semifinal, and the final).
It was a miracle that continued three times for me.

And, all the winning wire-to-wire victories are called 3(San) Rensho.
It is pronounced San(three) rensho (consecutive victory) in Japanese.

The brand name of 3Rensho originates in this wire-to-wire victory.
3Rensho is a name that brings luck really for KEIRIN rider.

I became accustomed to the race well and learnt the method of victory from the experience since it debuted.
The society decides the ranking by the race result of KEIRIN rider every half a year. The ranking is divided into S-class(Super Star,S-1,S-2) and A-class(A-1,A-2,A-3).
Each class can recognize it by the color of the line of pants.

Super Star class(red based>black line>white star),S-class(black based>red line),A-class(black based>green line)

Relation between Kalavinka and me.
The name of the frame builder of Kalavinka is Mr.Akio Tanabe.

Mr. Tanabe in young age (Mt. Fuji Hill climb time trial)

He was famous track rider in my high school days that represented Japan.
I watched amateur track race with Tachikawa KEIRIN velodrome for the first time on a certain day.

And, I saw his race for the first time.
He won the race the championship by overwhelming strength.

A lot of high school students (Tokyo) at that time yearned to him.
I was one person in that.
I determined to become track rider at once. And, I asked father for the track bike purchase.

Mr.Tanabe was 1968 Mexico Olympics games Japanese representative candidate. However, he was not able to participate in the representative player frame by one person alone.

I learnt the thing of a lot of bicycle games from him.
About a basic figure of running and the riding form, the race operation and it is the bicycle machines technological, etc,about all of cycling.

Keirin ambassador
Tomity

Tramnesia
Facebook
Flickr
SDFixed.com
homepage.mac.com/tomity

Cheers Tomity, yet another great post!

Indeed thanks Tomity, that post looked like it would have taken a lot of time to construct. Interesting pictures and history there. BTW, is this THE Tomity San that I keep reading about all over bikeforums.net archives in the Keirin posts?

Hello again bromomofo san,

I’m Tomity as Keirin Tomity

Yes, it is. I did not put it on with log in old fixed Australia forums though I did not understand the reason. Therefore, I registered newly here. It is me, and Keirin Tomity is the same as Tomity.

See ya,

Keirin ambassador
Tomity

Hello iamsimon san,

Thank you for your post!
Keirin Tomity is Tomity here.

Please to meet you.

Gold Coast Australia 2006

Keirin ambassador
Tomity

Tramnesia
Facebook
Flickr
SDFixed.com
homepage.mac.com/tomity

I have the question in you of forum.

Is my “MY LAST RACE” good here “announcements”? Or, is it “pub”?

To which writing is correct? Please give me answer!!

Official Keirin ambassadors are allowed to post anywhere they want :slight_smile:

best. post. ever.

this post has everything i need to make me smile; japan, tomity, bikes, doraemon and no mention of the words ‘epic’ or ‘hipster’.

Tomity,
thank you for your post, it’s great to learn more about the history of Keirin racing.
much respect.
Brenton.

Wow, thanks for sharing Tomity, I will be coming to Japan in a few months and will be looking out for any Keirin racing action I can find,

Where in Japan so you live?

Thanks for a great post Tomity!!

Tomity’s posts have been one of the reasons i still come to this forum, i really hope they continue.

Thank you Tomity for your snapshots and insights of another part of the world .

Good to hear that you are doing well Tomity. Hope to see you out here in Australia in the near future.

It warms my heart to see new posts from Tomity, always a great pleasure. (And he was an engineer!)

Tomity: “My last race” Are you retiring? If so, congratulations on a great keirin career, I hope you continue to enjoy riding and spreading information about Japanese keirin racing around the world. If you ever visit Melbourne we’d love to have you visit Brunswick Cycling Club at the indoor velodrome or our outdoor track and show us a thing or two.

I am very grateful to have read your post Tomity! Thankyou for sharing your story - it is very inspirational.

You are clearly a very skilled and talented man!

Thank you

P.S. I particularly like your Flickr photographs. This one in particular is very impressive:

Thank you venerable Tomity for your contributions to our forum over the years (I still have your fixed.org senja-fuda on my bicycle and my sons each have one on theirs, it has brought us good riding).

You may meet one of our young Australian track cycling champions - Shane “Perko” Perkins, who is currently visiting Japan’s Keirin circuit. I believe he is in Kumamoto this week. Please share some of your wisdom and experience with him if you meet.

We all here wish you the very best in your retirement. Thank you again for your contributions here and I hope we will hear from you again.

CC

i just befriended tomity on facebook, and he told me he was on his way to meet jason “nibo!” niblett, who’s over there with perko, representing australia in fine form…