Newcastle Overnight, 2014 edition

The date is set.
It’s on again.
80 riders last year.
Two tea rooms this year.
Hope to see you there!

Anyone else keen for Fixedgearrizorsnobrakes???

Gonna do my best to come to this.

Good to hear.

In.

Probs gonna have to get myself a hi-vis reflectovest.

My last exam is on the 11th of November and I leave for melbs on the 22nd so should be able to fit this in. Might have to #doatour (realised I just sold touring bike…) up to sydney for this.

I was just thinking about how I could fit this in with work and kids

Yeh, I mentioned it to my wife and she was all like “you should do it”. But it’s pretty much in my back yard…

Do this, go home, have a shower then go to work. I’m going to try and make this.

Missed this last year. Very keen this year.

In like Flynn - awww hells yeahhhhh so psyched.

What does that picture even mean?

Now I’m wondering if I should put the dyno wheel and light on the roadie or just take both of my battery lights… Decision, decisions.
Will definitely chuck the big saddle bag on for provisions/dry clothes/swimming gear.

I have to be at a wedding near Brisbane during the day, can I be riding to Newcastle that night? Will try to make it happen.

Jono, I had a spare battery for the light last time and that was good. The big saddle bag is recommended.

Okay people, this is about a month away.

So who’s in? I’m about 90% at this stage, just need to reorganise the boy’s Sunday morning swimming lesson and I reckon I’ll be golden.

Been looking into options for us North-Westerners: the distance from B-Hills to Pie in the Sky is essentially identical as from Observatory Hill, so I’m thinking a 9pm depart from the hills, up through Berowra ferry and then meet the (probably very strung-out by that point) bunch at PITS.
This would cut out an hour or more of dicking around to get to the city for the depart, meaning more time for dinner to digest and naps to be had.
So who’s in for Hills start? Lorday? HLC?

I’ll be in Melbourne this weekend. Fuck everything.

Harry: always in the wrong place.

I’m in like Flynn. Observatory Hill start

I’m still keen…
Need to work out a way to get up to Sydney though, might have to bus it.
If I can hitch a lift I’ll bring my mountain bike to Ourimbah (sic)

I’m in for the ride. Probably going to dick around and go into the city (ride to westmead station) for the official start. Meeting James who’s also doing the ride.

Aeons - My mums birthday is that Saturday so I’m not sure what the plans are and whether I’d have any spare time for mountain biking.