Newcastle Overnight, 2014 edition

The Gosford descent was ace.
As for lighting, I was using a China-special “1000 lumen” jobby I got for $30 on dealextreme, with an extra $14 battery. Same as the fyxo ones for 1/3 the price. Worked really well, I swapped batteries at the 120km checkpoint but the first one was still going strong, just didn’t want to wait til it died and I was in the middle of nowhere trying to swap batteries. No issues with water ingress or anything like that. Recommended.

No Mooney Mooney descent? That and the Mooney Mooney climb are my favourite parts of the route.

Again, ‘well done’ to everyone who got there is an understatement.

Mooney Mooney was definitely in there somewhere. All the climbs/descents started to blur together, the Gosford descent stands out cos Gosford is at the bottom :slight_smile:

Wrong. Defending in the dark and wet with brakes that don’t quite work was AMAZING fun. Sure made you wake up a little.

Ditto.

Nicest thing anyone has ever said about Gosford.

Sorry about that :slight_smile: Next time I’ll bring wheels with more spokes. Pretty fucking scary going down some of the hills with such a big wobble in my wheel and basically no brakes.

Ride was ace, the wet wasn’t that bad and I’m not hurting much today. Happy days.

Sorry Bob :frowning:

Your not sorry.

All you guys who rode deserve some extra kudos and are legends in my eyes.

If this happens next year then I’m really, really, really going to try to convince my wife that I should participate.

It will happen next year. I think the only thing that could put a stop to it would be bushfires or chronic flooding.

Word on the street is that there were a hundred starters. If next year is fine I reckon there could be upwards of 200.

Why are you avymtal now ?

Someone nicked all the h’s, then dropped some e’s. That’s all I know.

Suckers

That would make my name pretty ordinary…

This years ride has been annouced!

Hope it’s not during my exams again :frowning:

9pm, Saturday 8th November

Yes. looking forward to this.

At this rate, it’ll prolly be cancelled.