Nominate Graham Rootes as People's choice cyclist of the year 2010

I was pretty pumped that we all agreed on something when the Graham Rootes cause came around. This kind of stunt just pisses me off, some times I really hate cycling for its politics. What a bunch of fucking jerks.

mad dog rootes is probably happy that he doesnt need to dress up like a wanker and drink poofter european beers with a bunch of skinny little girly men, bet hes at home right now smashing some lamb chops and a vb longneck with a big smile on his dial.

Fucking jerks? WTF has this got to do with politics?
It’s only the frigging people’s choice award to give you guys something to do instead of going for a ride. Rootsey hasn’t got the biggest fan club around and this forum is but a wee drop in the ocean of the number of votes that would be received. Most, if not all of the athletes who have made the people’s choice finals organised their fan clubs into action…

The real question should be who actually deserves to win the Oppy Medal for this year. It can’t be Cadel - he’s done zippo this year…

uh, were you not here last year? remember, when this forum got a certain handsome individual nominated?

yeah what happened with blakey being nominated last year brendan? (lol)

You missed the bit about what WTF it has to do with politics!? Because the answer is zip. Nil.
Last year… I wasn’t at the dinner either :-p

I dunno about it being a ‘fan club’ last year ?!

probably for the best

So I hear that Richie Porte won?

That’s great and all, but more importantly, Nath (ndf) is Vic volunteer of the year. Anyone who’s taken part in Brunswick Tuesday track, Saturday enduros, Junior Clinic, Dirty Deeds CX, Northern Combine, UCI World RR, UCI Track WC, numerous road & track open races and a whole lot of other events has benefited from his quiet work and attention to detail that helps them run smoothly, safely and accurately.

cam meyer 10 char

some deserving winners there. i’m ok with richie getting the people’s choice - he seems like the kinda bloke who you’d be happy to play some nintendo wii with.

A deserving winner, but I’d rather “…smash(sic) some lamb chops and a vb longneck…” than play nintendo.

Ackshully, Jayco Australian COTY vs Scody People’s choice COTY. I was confused too.

i was shocked cadel didnt win by default