Nominate Graham Rootes as People's choice cyclist of the year 2010

it is nominations now - up to Nov 7 - voting is Nov 9 to 14!!

save your ammo

this is a longer conversation than can be held at this point.

do you have a decent chunk of time you want to dedicate to the discussion?

what happened last year (brendan?) - did all the nominees get an invite or what?

do we go hard at nomination stage or at voting stage? (given that cadel will win everything by default)

voted :slight_smile:

copy and paste this link to vote:

http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=39774

First post updated,

Fixed.org.au is getting behind Graham Rootes as the 2010 Scody Cyclist of the Year. Copy and paste the link below to nominate him, then once finalists are announced, we can vote for him if he makes the cut.

http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=39774

just added to the cause!!

yes. we all got an invite to the dinner.

in my opinion it’s therefore more important to get him nominated. like you say, they’ll give the main prize to cadel, and the real glory is seeing his name up there in lights.

sure thing, midnight sun or wed fix. I also need to pick your brain about something (it’s slightly CX themed)

also, GO ROOTES!

I nominated, and I will vote when the time comes. Guys like this need to be recognised, because it gives your average rider someone they can relate to.

wed fix… i have to be fully-functioning tomorrow.

i missed out on nominating mr rootes but will 100% be definitely totally absolutely voting

Just got an email from cycling Australia, and Rootes hasn’t made it. Meyer, Davis, Evans, and Porte. Pretty mad about it.

That’s upsetting.

2010 Scody People’s Choice Cyclist of the Year - Finalists

EDIt: beat me to it…

Yeah, just saw it. Finalists are:

Ruth Corset
Allan Davis
Cadel Evans
Anna Meares
Cameron Meyer
Richie Porte

2010 Scody People’s Choice Cyclist of the Year - Finalists

Way to pick from the same pool as always you jerkfaced jerks.

That’s fkn Lame

Come on Blakey, tell us what you really think.

Good to see all aspects of Cycling represented there.

‘people who win things getting nominated to win more things’ awards 2010

i searched youtube for a clip of Professor Frink’s Sarcasm Detector exploding in the simpsons but i could only find a german version…

no bets allowed on cadel, who else do you think will win?

A road cyclist.

I was pretty pumped that we all agreed on something when the Graham Rootes cause came around. This kind of stunt just pisses me off, some times I really hate cycling for its politics. What a bunch of fucking jerks.