NOOSA L'EROICA 17-18 December 2011

… n you own nothing but alloy bikes???

shut your slutty fuckin mouth!!! forks on the bowery are steel

haha yeah i was thinking about just maybe being that guy… mmm…

digging a few options up from the micro tour thread…

Day1: Brisbane to Eumundi in QLD | Bike Map | MapMyRIDE

MT2 Day 1: BNE to Sunshine Coast at Bikely.com

and from yandina, taking bunya rd to eumundi-noosa rd to noosaville?

there is some good/mean climbing in there!

there’s always the whole beerburrum rd/steve irwin way to caloundra and follow the coast up to noosa? more direct, though i wouldnt have a clue on road surface/traffic.

not the worst but fuck all shoulder.

given a choice i would probly go it though

Im off to bed but ill talk to you guys tomorrow about the options yandina to noosa is a nice road so caloundra to noosa.

surface is ok - there’s a decent length that has zero shoulder though. Done it a few times (including easter holidays)… just gotta put your head down, watch the white line, n try not to think about how close and how fast the cars are passing you.

^that said - I went through the section after landborough while they were undertaking the widening works. The additional lanes had been surfaced,but not yet opened and in use… brand new tarmac, all to myself for some serious wheelie action - fantastic fun

What about the old Brisbane-Noosa Century route (Leaving out Kiel Mountain!)?

Brisbane to Noosa Century in Brisbane To Noosa | Bike Map | MapMyRIDE

I’ve done that Brisbane to Caloundra return route a few times and think it’s fine. There are some really fast, fun sections closer to Caloundra.

That Brisbane -> Eumundi route is one I mapped out for a potential weekend ride. I haven’t seen the roads first hand but google maps said some of the roads could potentially be unsealed, particularly past mapleton.

old school, in the spirit of the event maybe we should… and i’m already regretting that

ok just booked a room, game on!

Have fun guys,
Be good to the old girl Scott.

Photo for insurance purposes haha.

different tape, not the same bike. :wink: haha she’s in safe hands dayne, thanks again brah!

So who’s coming to the show n shine tomorrow arv?

I will be at the show and shine heading off from Rock right now

not you? got there about 4:15, saw dubrat, but no bender…

in other news, epic weekend ride. just quickly, saturday 200km to noosa via mt mee and the scenic route, sun 170km including the 120 l’eroica ride which had some bullshit gravel climbs, and back to nambour for the train, sooooo gooooood, the bikes were great, full report asap!

Sat sunburn report Scott???