Off the shelf big tyre road bikes.

What are some off the shelf steel road frames that accept bigger tyres (32ish without guards, 28ish with)? So far I’ve found…

All City Mr. Pink
Soma ES
Surly Pacer
…?

Looking at a new frame in the new year, but have only come across those three and I don’t love them. Would prefer road calipers (would probably run centre pull brakes). Something that can be ridden on the road, gravel, single track, etc.

Kumo all road out of the question?

Would love one, but lack of funds.

Black mountain cycles.

Rawland nordavinden that’s on super cheap closeout currently.

Any cheap winter audax bike from Ribble/Evans etc

https://www.rawlandcycles.com/store/index.php?strWebAction=item_detail&intItemID=3960

Seriously. 350 bucks. Lightweight steel not chunky like a pacer. Do it.

That rawland is deal. Drink the cool aid zolan.

Holy shit. Do that.

That looks perfect… but a 56cm would be too big. The Cannondale is 54cm square and fits me.

don’t be so sure, I reckon the medium would be ok for you. esp if you’re not running road bike kinds of drop which will reduce your reach.

geo chart, can’t find stack/reach dims coz Sean is a doofus.

Just do it anyway and flip it if it doesn’t fit.

Rawland Nordavinden Test Ride by Lovely Bicycle!, on Flickr

Are you this short? No. Then you don’t need the 54/SM.

just remember not to post a pic of it until it arrives. :wink:

Kona Honky Tonk. 28s with fenders, 32s without. Unreal back road bike. I have one and thrash it on Tasmanian dirt:Hobart Gravel Grinders

I like the black mountain, but that rawland is too good a deal.

Yeah but a 54cm Cannondale against a road frame with fat tyre’s and clearance is never gonna compare geo/fit wise to the cannondale geo. You’d 100% be a medium in the Rawland.

A road frame with fat tyre’s and clearance is never gonna match up geo/fit wise to the cannondale crit geo.

You’d 100% be a medium in the Rawland. The C-C Seat Tube on the Rawland will be around a 54cm anyways. The length in the top tube nothing.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

I wouldn’t wait too long, they’ve been on sale for a while now, stocks will be running low. Get that jam sent to a freight forwarder stat.

A turdly pacer will run you over double the price, and that’s a cheap option.

And you want it next year

rawland link mentions fork…surely this is frame only price?
Could be interested in a 58 if F/F.
Any ideas on freight forwarding costs? Any cheaper for 2 JLN?
Anyone on one in Oz?
Didn’t user Shakes have a Drakkar?