OFFICIAL GROUPBUY: KYRPTO Evo Mini

Dan, Melburn, one evo mini please! 3 if we can get 'em mad cheap ($50)

Andrew, Sydney, Evo mini if around 50ish

Any bike shop worth their salt in ‘customer relations’. See how you go.

Hey Spud, when’d you get one for $50? I got mine for close to that, but it was before the exchange rate turned to shit… I’d be surprised if anywhere could do it for that price, what with the GECLOLROFL.

Shawn, Melbourne, Krypto Evo Mini

$50 is less than cost now.
Group buy will get a discount but not a big one.
E

As cheap as possible is fine with me. Don’t mind paying for a decent lock.

Evan, do you stock the Mini Evo?

Hakon, Melbourne, Krypto Evo Mini

I will be back in the shop on Wed. the 7th. Will price a group buy for 20 units.
Dont start the PM’s till I post on this one again.
E

Wouldn’t mind getting one for the girlfriend.

so…

Jolan / Adelaide / Evo Mini

OK have a price for a Group buy.
$72each. Krypto Evo mini.
Prices have gone up so if you get one cheaper then go for it.
PM me with full name and contact(email or phone)
When I get 10 I will get it going.
E

Thanks Evan.

As an aside, wasn’t this group buy initially started by the poster with the intention of doing a group buy from Cell bikes? (Just saying, nothing against your store Evan…in fact, you’re closer to me that Cell Bikes!)

Since we’re on this topic of ‘as cheap as possible’, another option is ebay.

Bell’s bike shop has the Messenger lock for US$43.99. URL below. Shipping for the first lock is US$15.99. Each additional lock is US$1 extra shipping. Quick number crunching at today’s prevalent exchange rates (www.xe.com) indicates that 10 locks will cost US$43.99*10+$15.99+$9 = US$465 = AU$652.

Making each lock $65.20. This is before emailing the store and asking if they’ll do a deal. Obviously the more locks, the cheaper.

But I figure that that getting Evan to help us with the bulk buy is the way to go. Saves someone the hassle of organising shipping etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kryptonite-Evolution-2000-MINI-U-Lock-EV-EVO-Track-Fix_W0QQitemZ360121607291QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item360121607291&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177#ShippingPayment

I find it hard to believe they will ship 10 locks for only $24. It must be the slowest method. I would pay the extra $7 to get it faster. Plus theres going to be currency conversion costs.

and if customs notices a box with 20 locks in it, you’re going to cop importing taxes. and they will hurt.

A quick goolge search found this.

http://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-Evolution%C3%AF%C2%BF%C2%BD-Mini-Bike-U-Lock/dp/B000LPG39G

Not sure if they ship to Aus, but for $53AUD it could be worth investigating…

Only if the value of locks, plus shipping, plus possible duty charges exceeds AUD$1000.

If it’s sent via certain couriers, they’ll charge you regardless of the dutiable value and possibly hit you with a handling fee to boot.

Shorter link for Bells (Is that Aquaman’s bike on the ebay description? :lol: )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360121607291

For 10 locks to Aus via USPS Priority Intl is USD$30.54 + $1/item (But I doubt that it’s that low given the weight/bulk of the item, wait for a confirmed quote.) A box of brake pads was more than that, and they’re significantly lighter. (Actually, you can figure it out yourself on the USPS website, just put in box dimension and weight.)

Credit card conversion fees are ~1.5%

I’d buy them if you could get multiples keyed alike (one key, many locks), is that possible?

If I am hijacking can you let us know.
There was a couple of direct questions sent through to me so I made the offer. No obligation.
They are available on flea bay for less than Wholesale without taking freight into account.
Just trying to help out.
E

I checked. They don’t ship outside the US.

If value of locks are under AU$1k, there won’t be GST charged. USPS only has airmail now (not slow surface shipping) and it takes anywhere from 7-14 days depending on which method they use. USPS does have a fantastic large flat-rate priority mail box (you can jam lots of stuff into it regardless of weight).

But best thing to do is to get a quote from Bells but I’m inclined to get it from Evan since he’s checked costs out. $72 isn’t entirely unreasonable.

Hi guys,

I’ve been talking to the supplier about trying to get as good a discount as we can. The supplier is currently sold out and was due to get these locks in 5 Jan, however I’ve been told ‘next week’.

Fixed.Org.Au has been a great source of feedback and is a great forum overall, so we’ll try to get the best price we can. If you come across a better price, then go for it, after all, price is king.

Although I do recommend buying from your LBS and supporting them, rather than some asshole online shop, hahaha.

Yep… KRYPTO Evo Mini - - Melbourne

Whats the bottom line price on this - do we know yet? And the cut off date?

Cheers