official tour de france thread.

Anyone else noticed that there are no tour de france iPhone apps? Could be a good business opportunity!

dude! you should get right on that before someone else thinks of it!

Haha, I’ve considered it, just found one actually for a dollar made by some guys who made a free one for this years giro. I wonder how much money you could make out of this stuff? Surely you could earn quite a bit of cash off something this popular

wada now involved in testing, collapse of saxo bank for next year, lance/landis stress for many people

plus the forecast for rain, cobbled sections… there is a good chance something will happen to someone big at some point in this tour, and not the normal ‘got dropped in the mountains’ scenario

and if nothing happens, at least it will be entertaining

Yeh, like Jens’ bear attack story coming true

YouTube - Jens Voigt joking about Astana

I head off to the Tour tomorrow.

I’ll be blogging from the Domestique website, so stay tuned.

Domestique

dirty bring me back a tour cap old boy…?

Anyone interested in having a crack at the SBS Tour Fantasy League .

I’ll try. team preference?

this was mentioned at the madison last night. stories of hyping up a fixed.org user competition…

Jump on guys! The mini-league is set up and ready to roll:

I’ve joined RaboDirect Fantasy The Tour de France competition at
SBS: Tour de France 2010

and I bet that my team, NJS Potato Farmers, will beat any team you can put together!

I challenge you to join my mini-league. Go to SBS: Tour de France 2010 and pick your team, then use the ‘mini-league admin’ option to join my mini-league.

The details you need are:
League Name:fixed.org.au
League password:apples

It’s not hard and it doesn’t cost anything – plus there are some great prizes to win, so unless you’re afraid of getting beaten I’m looking forward to seeing you in my league soon!

I’ve applied for consideration to be in the mini-league. team name: euSKIDel euSKIDee

Team SaxoWANK waiting to be administered in.

There are some brilliant team names coming through. Keep sending through the requests guys, we’ve got 5 registered already.

This fantasy league is going to further destroy my work effectiveness over the next 3 weeks…

dirty - Can i pay you to administer some well placed tranq darts while you are over there? I will win the FOA league AT ALL COSTS! :wink:

sponsor my day trip to reims for stage 4 from paris and i’ll source tranquilizers.

Has this been posted?

Blood, Sweat and Gears

10pm – 11.40pm SBS ONE
Thursday 1 July 2010

Follows the journey of an American cycling team seeking to compete in its first Tour de France, the epic French cycling race that covers over 3500 kilometres in 22 gruelling days. In response to the doping scandals that tarnished the reputation of professional cycling, former racing cyclist Jonathan “JV” Vaughters formed Slipstream, a team whose members agree to compete without the aid of any performance-enhancing drugs. This is the dramatic story of the clean team in 2008, the year in which the team leader was superstar David Millar, who was making a comeback after a doping scandal sidelined his career.

I’ve been purchasing riders based upon their names.
‘Vitaliy Buts’
LOLOLOL
Buts
should there perhaps be a seperate thread for this so we (I, mainly) don’t clutter the proper tdf thread with manager-game related crapola?

Edit: vladimir KARPETS LOLOL CARPET HURR DURR

I’m expecting James to sign up with HMC-Columbia.

Don’t forget Belleville Rendez-Vous after it
12.40am - 2.10am SBS ONE
Friday 2 July 2010

While competing in the Tour de France, a young cyclist is kidnapped by the French Mafia. His grandmother sets out to rescue him with the help of a trio of jazz-singing sisters whose main diet is frogs.