Opinions on Mavic road shoes

The only shoe colour that’d tempt me away from white.

Never!!!

Theres nothing I hate more than white shoes.
And yes, those mavic shoes look GREAT.

No, I lied… headwinds are worse.

user geordie has some, and he said that they are awesome

Dead to me!

(do we need a post your shoes thread?)

+1 Rhys

White is right!

I think white shoes would widen the gap between my appearance and ability by too much…

I am dissapointed with my Bonts though so keep my ear to comments on shoes

Although i am a devotee of the white shoe/white sock brigade, these shoes are excellent and very yellow. The trick would be to have them in total contrast to the rest of your kit.

Also, to pull them off you have to dominate local A grade criteriums in such a way that means the rest of the bunch is lapped and you are left alone with your glory shoes.

Good tips, this is what I feared. So for Fred cyclists like myself, these shoes are a major no-no?

Well, potentially. But then again there is the chance that, by wearing the shoes, you will come to dominate A grade, such is your determination to do the shoes justice. That’s what happened when i bought my first pair of high white cycling socks…i got better, cos i didn’t wanna look stupid looking awesome.

hi-vis yellow is the new white.

all the FREDS got on the ‘white is PRO’ bandwagon and like all things the ‘cool kids’ have moved on.

the white trend has done its time, (look at how mainly white kits are a largely a thing of the past,) tall socks will be next to shift IMO.

H - you do know that the MTB version of those shoes have been ‘teh hotness’ for a few years in the CX scene. i guess this is where your latent CX-love is coming through :wink:

Yes, I have been eyeing those off! So sweet

I just got a white jersey for summer. This is a disaster!

Just say it’s retro. Or that you’re fashion-forward. Or that you don’t give a flying fuck.

On a hot day a white jersey is a pretty good idea.
I got white gloves and a white helmet just for the hot days…

I do however stick to a white helmet for the visibility/safety factor

Not unless you match it with fluoro shoes!

Liking these too!

put some more black on there, then you have Stryper shoes

Feck. Does this mean that I am no longer a cool kid?

Black kit and white shoes/gloves/glasses/helmet for lyf.