Organising a courier for a bike

Not e-go any more, their slipping big time.

Really? I sent a wheel with them juat the other week. It arrived unharmed and was a next day delivery Melb to Adelaide.

The last couple of times i have used them it took about a week of hounding them via email to even pick the item up.
But this being said it depends on where you are, They contract all work out and the brisbane and sunshine coast depots are slack as.

ego works well and costs less if you can drop it at the depot and pick up too. Saves money and hastens the process.

last time i went to send something with e-go it was cheaper to go to TNT which was a bit of a surprise

e-go not what they used to be…

another vote for TNT, been good to me lately.

[QUOTE=alexb618;501873]last time i went to send something was cheaper to go to TNT which was a bit of QUOTE]

Door to door?

always door to door

ive always used smartsend, have sent frames and complete bikes with little drama, usually between 50-70 from perth to eastern states

packed myself though

smartsend are similar to e-go basically a freight forwarder who contract jobs out.

Have sent a couple dozen bikes around oz using smartsend as the contact. No issue’s at all.

Pick up/drop off at a commercial residence helps, even better if you can drop off at the courier direct.

Excellent. Thanks very much for that folks

I use Allied Express for the NSP stuff.

we have an account, so likely cheaper, but they are pretty good.

Used e-go for wheelset/frame/complete bike this month, each were cheaper than the rest and reliable so far.

Used Smartsend recently. Got off to a bad start, but they (well, TNT) delivered in one (1) business day from Perf to Melburn for under $60 and the box looked like it had been sitting on cotton wool for the journey, so they get my approval.

i sent a frame/fork to kumo (to ACT from vic) with e-go, picked up yesterday at 4pm, arrived at him today. cost $27 for a 5kg 82x67x20 parcel.
can’t really complain with that.

Thread bump! Anyone have recent experiences/tips for getting a bike back from Tas? Not too concerned about how long it takes to be delivered. Would like to do it as cheap as possible though.

^ You could try Tasfreight. I have used them before for non-bike related items - probably not the cheapest, though.

You could try Atkins, too.

So far smart send is looking like the cheapest option. Not sure what to quote as weight though… 8-10kg for a steel track bike + packaging I’m guessing.

ask the seller to weigh it then add on a kilo?

^^ Complete? More like 15kg, you’d be surprised how much a box weighs.