Orica Green Edge

Yes!

UCI Releases Top 15 Teams Toward WorldTour | Cyclingnews.com

Good to see it listed in there. Still a while to wait on the final decision, gotta be included though.
I like the herald suns headline "Australian cycling team GreenEDGE closes on Tour de France dream " when they have stated numerous times a gt is not their focus :-)…yet.

read that too and chuckled

Worrying trends in sponsorship continue with euskatel, garmin, geox, 1t4i having recent difficulties following the troubles of HTC and Leopard. Fingers crossed GE will not be a one season wonder…

Haas has signed for Garmin-Cervelo! That is absolutely excellent news.

Someone, who shall remain nameless, suggested to me that suspicious substances are responsible for Haas’ meteoric rise…

I have no comment.

I really hope not.
Anyway Garmin needed to sign a few with the mass exodus at the end of this season.

I think Gerry Ryan has enough pull/nous to get a sponsor for at least a few seasons. Even if it’s just an Australian company wanting to get some overseas coverage, it’s a great new market for many local businesses to get into. Overall though, I just get the feeling that GreenEDGE are doing things the right way. I don’t want to get ahead of the game, but look at their signings - how can they not win!

On another note -what is it going to take before the UCI realises their way of operating is doing the sport more harm than good? Although licenses are issued on a results-based method, which kind of makes sense, (this makes a two or three year license a risky decision for the UCI) something has to change. Relatively few drug scandals, cycling worldwide on the increase, and the winningest team of the last few seasons can’t get a sponsor? Yikes.

Don’t be so sure - Gerry Ryan couldn’t get a sponsor for this year for Green Edge and while he is happy to barrel money into it now he won’t forever. Saying that there is a good quote where he says that it is up to his son as sponsorship manager to get sponsors because ultimately it is his inheritance that is being spent!

Fair enough, this is also something to consider.
Just looking at that list, no Cofidis? Wow. Not that they were good or anything, but they were always there. No more Look’s in the pro-tour :frowning:

Makes sense. From part-time rider to Garmin-Cervelo in a short space of time seems pretty incredible.

Here’s hoping he’s legit and can make it count in the big leagues.

cofidis did not apply for 2012 protour status, they were not protour this year either. they are pro conti and usually get a call up for big races thanks to super dude david mocoutie of course

garmin cervelo is very tight on anti doping

GreenEdge is in.

Good news. Very excite.

why did they only get granted a 2012-2013 licence instead of 2012-2014?

Cos new team?

Great news. Let’s hope it gives Aussie cycling another big boost.

GreenEdge is the young team that’s now UCI legal…

i cant put my finger on the reason why but i already really dislike green edge

same reason we really dislike the australian cricket team…

Did Phil Hughes sign with Greenedge?