Outdoor equipment - what should I get?

Well there you go.

Also, if you take a bag bath I have heard you can do the last bit of drying with a tumble dryer and a soft shoe to help de-clump the down.

edit: I probably need to check my bags instructions

Bought my Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 from them - can recommend.

thx all.

considering it’s the same bag I’ve mentioned previously that seems to shed feathers all the time, dunno if I’ll bother.

Maybe give these guys a call before you give up on it: Remote Repairs Sleeping Bags | Remote Repairs | Outdoor Adventure Gore-Tex Repair

See what they charge for a clean and bounce the leakage issue off them.

yeah true, I’d much rather pay someone else to do it!

Quick recap guys.
Sleeping bag, small tent/bivvy and sleep mat and recommendations, please.

Decent quality. I’m average height (176cm) and <60kgs. Will be for bike packing. Temps from 0-30 degrees.

I am the exact same Height/weight and have

-Big Agnes UL Fly Creek 1 with footprint (pitch with or without inner)

-Thermarest Neoair Xlite Reg.

Very happy with both, comfy and light.

-Bag, have heard good things about the Sea to Summit Sparks, light but prob not great at 0 degrees.

This + BA Copper Spur UL2 has been pretty good to me

pissing into the wind apparently

^^You needed to type it louder.

roby needs his monitor cleaned too perhaps?

He ignored my suggestion too!

typical roby, no lynx, no 8mm

sorry klansell. I did see your suggestion, I’m just easily led by fancy links n stuff.

My 30 year old (!!!) paddy pallin down bag has been absolutely drenched sooo many times ( I rarely carry a tent, just a tarp usually) and washed in WM then air dried and whipped back into softness.
I have hung it over a tree and bashed it with a stick to get out dust/remove dried mud/ blood.
They can take it.
Never had a liner and it doesn’t stink.
Worst case you get to go shopping for cool stuffs again.

My sleeping bag doesn’t have any instructions.

Some advice here;

Caring for Your Equipment | Buy Caring for Your Equipment Online | Paddy Pallin Australia

@rolly

I was in the Macpac store this arvo and someone was buying a down jacket. They said they offer a cleaning service for them using some fancy stuff somewhere. They quoted about $60 to do the jacket.

@Lorday:

Shelter - I bought a Tarptent Contrail and am happy with it. It packs really small and is really light. Have only spent a few nights in it though, and that was with two people in it (twoz a squeeze, but coped). Not freestanding like the BA ones though. Pretty good value I reckon. Lighter and more useful than a lot of bivvies. More protected than a tarp. Just as easy to set up.

Bag - Have just received two Enlightened Equipment Revelations, reg/reg -6C. They seem excellent, but I haven’t used them in anger yet. Top quality. Pack up WAY small compared to my Sierra Designs and Exped sleeping bags, and half the weight. Great value too I reckon.

Mat - I have a NeoAir. It’s superlight and packs small. It’s comfortable enough, but I don’t love it. My Prolite Plus is way more comfortable. A small Prolite (not plus) might be a good move (really light, firm, not as warm) or a Z Lite (bulky). Really though, I just got Lauren an Exped Synmat UL S and it’s awesome. Comfy, packs small, warm, but a touch heavier than the NeoAir. If I was replacing, I’d get the Exped. Again, good value too I reckon.

That’s my setup anyway, and I reckon it’s pretty good. The only thing that would make it better was if I used it more.

Only one crank. Zero friends.

just gave it a wipe down with some warm soapy water, see how that goes.

Hope it sorts you out!

Noticed Kathmandu are doing one of their big sales at the moment and have their silk inners down from $140 to $55: Sleeping Bag Liner Silk - Shadow

Sea to Summit on sale too: Buy Sea To Summit Silk Sleeping Bag Linner Online | Paddy Pallin