phil wood hubs

if its $130/pair, i’ll buy 100. no way its that cheap.
at $260/pair i’ll be tempted.

There’s no point buying 100. There’ll be soooo many of us trying to flog that shit on eBay that the arse will well and truely fall out of the market.

:wink:

i think we all got trolled here…

+1

Thread lock time I reckon

Sorry about the long wait was very drunk when i wrote this post and forgot i did it. Would be $130 each however i myself am waiting for some more details as well, am currently in negotiations. was wanting to see how much interest to gauge whether it could be achieved.
With these numbers with hopefully quite a few more we may manage this. Most likely high flange 32h however other orders may be able to be taken. Stay posted

Also depending on numbers could be $200 pair. :lol:

+1

who are you and why would we trust you with our money??

Hi,
My name is James Anthony and my wife name is Annie Anthony.
My wife and family have been relocated to Atlanta Georgia While am
here in Nigeria ,We will not be coming back until five yrs from now.
My plane was to option the house for sale put the hubs on eBay but my wife refuse so i decided to rent it out post them up here.
Realising now that we cannot afford to let the apartment remain vacant for as long as we are away Keep all the hubs, we decided to rent it out to someone who is God fearing,trusworthy and who will be able to take good care of the apartment as if its his or hers sell em to all you mad hipstas cause yous seem like top blokes n ladies.
The money is not the actual reason for the rent, but the need for someone to occupy the flat so as to maintain the facilities in the apartment.
Like i said, the point i am emphasizing on is your ability to take good care of the apartment for us because thats the only property we have left in the Country.
If you are sure of your ability to take perfect care of the flat, and you are still very much interested in the apartment, kindly answer the questions below…
The keys to the apartment and other documents are with us here, and will be sent to you as soon as we have a deal.
looking forward to hear from you. Your full information will be used to process all documents that will be coming together with the keys leading to the house and this will come to you through UPS courier service.
So kindly confirm your interest by filling out the rental
application form below.
===== RENT APPLICATION FORM =========
=======PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL ==========
Also,Pls answer these questions below:
1)Your Full Name__________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone
Number________________________

3)How old are you _____________________________
4)Are you married ______________________________ _____
5)How many people will be living in the apartment ___________________________
6)Do you have a pet ______________________________ ___________
7)Do you have a car ______________________________ ____________
8)Occupation ______________________________ ___________________
9How long are you willing to stay ______________________________ ___________
10) when do you intend to move in ______________________________ ___________
11) How many months advance rent are you willing /able to pay
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this.
Thanks and God Bless You…

this is an email i got sent back when i emailed someone on gumtree about a place they had for rent. It’s got nothing to do with Phil Wood hubs. :smiley:

It’s funny how the word ‘Nigeria’ in any context instantly sets the alarm bells ringing… :lol:

But yeah, this thread does sound like a complete scam:

“Hey guys, I can get Phil hubs/Atlanta 96’s/Chris King headset/NJS pedals cheap… please send money to…” :evil:

wow you can see a house on ebay???

Friends of mine got three emails back like that when looking for a house on domain.com.au or some real estate site like that.

They were pretty much exactly the same, word for word, except one was from a lady with a husband and son, and the other were from a dude with a wife and daughter.

It’s the Nigerian scammer template, just fill in the blanks with whatever you think will get more empathy.

Well a friend of mine has a contact in the Phil wood office. He is willing to get a basically next to nothing profit as he is a mechanic and as i’m sure most of you are aware nearly all mechanics are broke ass and happy to scrape change where possible. Would obviously exchange hubs for money in person i aint no Nigerian. Well not yet any way. This is just to register interest to see if profit will cover freight at least. Sheesh so many negative vibes.

so the question we are alll asking is it 130 for 1 hub or a set? If it is for a set that is a huge profit margin…

Well considering you have made only 8 posts on this forum, and the fact you have only given very ambiguous information about this ‘special deal’, I think people are well within their rights to think you’re a scammer!

price is for 1 hub. still a decent price.

i’m in at $200 a set.

yeah if you are in melbourne, i’d be happy to get some cheap phils. i think i ruined my shitty back wheel tonight in fact, gotta love gutter jumping :smiley:

+1 is there a choice? is your ‘mate’ who works at Phil gonna do it legit> not that it would stop me …and also id that $aus or $us arnt they an american company?

Any chance of SS hubs in this batch.