Pinarello Prestige 55cm

Not too long ago, I made a useless introduction to fixed along with a short understanding of the Pinarello frame I purchased to ask about paint. Well!
Here are the results.

I wanted to post this for a different reason though. According to Peter Bundy, this frame is able to take up to 10 speed. I’ve been thinking about what groupset, what brand and how many speeds I should go for.

I know it’s ultimately my preference, however i’m looking more at the aesthetic side of things, because to me every groupset works. You just gotta know how to use it huh.

Well leave your comments below and shout out some brand names, groupsets, possibly some wheels too xD

Cheers.

If you want to go all modern stuff -

Campagnolo Chorus 11.

Or Athena 11 if you want all silver. Would make a nice build.

Then build up some custom wheels, I would go Circus Monkey Hubs, Sapim or DT spokes laced to 20mm carbon clinchers (or tubs #tublyf). 20 spokes up front, 24 rear. Would make a killer lightweight wheel set to keep the total weight under control. Add gum wall tyres too.

Seatpost/saddle is easy, silver post (preferably campag aero) and whatever saddle in a colour that matches the tape.

I would run a quill stem, and then get some compact/road drops to suit in silver as well. I think Soma make a set to fit quill stem’s, or Nitto definitely do.

Damn, now i want a steely to do all this to. :frowning:

Love the fork.

^fuq dat. box section/aerohead style rims. do not put carbon wheels on this bike.

Did you end up doing the paint yourself or did you find someone? Finish looks tidy, nice one.

From memory its 125mm, 10spd sounds like a stretch (lol) even for cold setting but Bundy knows a lot more than I do

thats very nice, +1 on athena, and box sections.

+2. Doooo eeeeet.
Btw, the frame looks fantastic

Yep, box section rims or GTFO. Quill, trad drops, and silver parts where possible. Will be nice either way, but that would be a great build.

Athena or veloce silver,
Circus monkey, hope, white industry hubs,
Tb 14 or archertype rims,

Lovely job, who did the paint? The gold pantos look awesome.

Putting my OCD hat on, you’ve gone for a typically Montello colour and decals, which is cool, but the downtube decal says 1984, where this frame would have been about 1982.

So given this frame is way too big for you, what are your plans for it?

Peter from Star Enamellers. As for the decals, that would be the work of my old man haha, according to him he bought the stickers off Cyclemondo for the Pinarello name and not for the year of made, he said the understands that it’s not authentic, then again the first owner kind of screwed it up anyways.
I believe this frame is my Dads bike, i mean we did go 50/50 but the sizing as you can already tell is way out of my league. So! It’s pretty much up to him. He just wants to get it on the road. One day we’ll sell it, pass it on. Let’s just hope the next sucker doesn’t strip it xD

I could always pinch my old mans Super Record off his Colnago and put it on this one. Hurh Hurh Hurh

Great frame.

Another vote for Athena

Wheels - H+Son TB14 hard grey ano x WI hubs. And fitted with some nice gumwall open tubulars.

Check out this build for inspiration:
Lauren’s Casati Got an 11 Speed Campagnolo Athena Upgrade | The Radavist

or any number of fyxo’s builds:
Best Friends Forever | FYXO

Silver Campy groupset, box section wheels (Velomine do TB-14’s to Campy compatible hubs for not much ), reissue Cinelli bar and stem, gumwalls and something like a Flite saddle. If you want compact bars, get Soma HWY1 bars. 26.0mm clamp, match old quill stems perfectly.

how can you poopoo 25mm carbon rims but be sweet with archetypes?? h+sons, whilst looking cool, are not the be all and end all, and certainly don’t seem to have the longevity in the brake track of other brands like ambrosio or mavic

F all deeez cats! 50th anniversary campy record, 50mm carbon Boras’s… Rizors :wink:

this i like! go silver athena 11

So soon? Pinarello Prestige Columbus SL restored | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Inner Sydney - Waterloo | 1054065081

+1 for Athena & TB14 in either polished or hard ano.

Looks the business, you’d have to be pleased.

Ambrosio or Rigida - fuk mavic, they are off their game