Polo or Bust: Wanderin' Along the Bad Road, Brisbane polo party/tournament 27 March

To give everyone the most amount of games and practice, could a nice and simple round robin and if everyone wants finals then perhaps only 1 v 2 be ok?

haha my comment was tongue and cheek because i cant play this tournament and cooper is replacing me.

your a quitter johnson
YouTube - “Quitting” in Dodgeball - Lance Armstrong

tit was super clever though! i like!

yup, am working on the format at the moment with lewis…

‘a nice simple round robin’ with 10 teams is a lotttttt of polo though, just not sure if i’d fit it in before you guys have to flee… we’re looking into swiss rounds and double brackets though, to combine efficiency and to give people more polo than ordinarily would be played in double brackets… will keep you posted

with 10 teams a round robin is 45 games of polo - if they were 10 min games, allowing for 2min change over, this would take 9 hours…

sounds good. im sure itll be awesome!

Done! 10 teams registered…

the last of them, provisionally titled ‘UK subs’… so far two in need of a third, but i have someone in mind that might be there, and if not. SUBS… (my best games are games i sub into)…

BIKE SPORTS, BIKE SPORTS, BIKE SPORTS.

steve is now coming too so i offered for him to take my place (so they can nats team practice) so im willing and available!!! use me!!!

hehe brook you are the 2nd, ima looking for a third for you and dave… silly… :stuck_out_tongue:

Can i play for 2 teams if you dont find anyone?!!??!??! PPPWWWEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSEEEE!!??

Can i play for 2 teams if you dont find anyone?!!??!??! PPPWWWEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSEEEE!!??

suuuure you can :smiley:

right. rego is now closed. we have 10 teams, and that’s all we can squeeze in. draw is done, will announce format details later…

Dudes! To cater for our lovely Sydney guest who are leaving late Sunday afternoon, it is vital that we start at 10am. Please, please arrive early to ensure we can get started asap.

The format is 5 swiss rounds + finals, so to allow for lots and lots of polo, we’ve gotta start early.

Stay tuned for a message regarding the format, draw and rules.

:heart:

Rules will be published shortly. Please email me or reply to this thread if you have any questions regarding the format.

erin.giuliani@gmail.com

Draw can be viewed here:

Hobo Cup Draw 27/03/11

Teams are as follows:

AAE - Aaron, Eddy, Andy
UK Subs - Brook, Dave, + sub
Local - Mace, Simon, Brett
PhuqStix - Rootbeer, Ranga Dave, Cooper
MPS - Ali, Geordie Boy, Baby Jamie
Get Rad! - Lewis, Erin, Gypsy.
Dutch Rudders - Erik, Ollie, Dom
Hobo-Erotica - Kristine, Lindsay, PatH
Dungeon Dwellers - GC Crackers
T_B0N3RS - Vee, Locky, Steve.

Thank you all for registering, I can’t wait!

Polo :heart:

efficient

i am taking that as a compliment! thanks! :slight_smile:

check out the rules here : Polo Or Bust Ruleset

please take notice of the insertion of a ‘high sticking rule’ (thanks Damon) and that we will be playing the ‘no ball jointing in offensive half court’ rule

thanks!

Hell yeah Erin! Way to set a good precedent. A comprehensive ruleset gets me all hot n bothered.

To the haters, don’t look at this list of rules as “against fun”. Its the opposite. A good, solid ruleset allows for clean, fun, fair and most importantly, SAFE polo. It also means less arguments, because everything is already clearly S.P.E.L.L.E.D O.U.T. Seriously, good rules = good fun.

^ thanks Lewis!