Post Your CX ride

Happy now?

Just out picture is a third one. Stu from Definitive cycles was local distributor for a while. The other one in the pic is owned by InThePink. We all caught the On One bug after these bikes. All three of us own Inbreds and ITP just took delivery of a Lincoinshire Poacher.
On-One Lincolnshire Poacher Frame / 52 cm / Red

Thanks dudes, It’s been fun cruising about town the last couple of days…

I want to get a new set of forks for my Pomp with shorter rake… I want to achieve more of a contemporary ‘road’ wheelbase/angles… it’s quite slack at the moment.

I think I’ll have to start saving for some Easton Carbon numbers :slight_smile:

oh and I cant run a low fork mounted cable hangar on my Pomp forks, they arn’t drilled for a brake… must be NJS

I just got some ritchey comp’s from chain reaction 45mm rake 700 grams uncut $225 not bad I think.

hmm that sounds good man, i will inquire when i have money… cheers

My CX ride, I have had this for a while but only just got around to taking pictures today. It is a mix of old and new bits.

Frame: Argos (UK) 531c
Cranks: Sugino single chainring with bashguard and a chain keeper on the seat tube
Rear derailleur: Suntour Cyclone (6 speed)
Wheels: Velocity aeroheads
Brakes: Tektro canti’s and levers

Not sure this belongs here

but

was ridden as crossbike but now it’s as it was planned. Still a few changes before i’m completely content.

nice rig Reuben!

Reuben: VO Fenders? WI Cranks? Nice. White housing is pro.

Fender lines needs a subtle tweak to finish the job. It’s a right bastard to get perfect.

Gore ride on cables white = Super Pro

Couldnt afford real Honjo’s… Fender lines are up higher to fit Cross tires and the darama (is that the right name?) doesnt have enough thread to get the guards lower. it will soon be running DA 7700 as bought Chorus 11sp fro my Sancineto Max. Whoop Whoop!

The angle on racks are doing my head in. They need to be like that to get the baby seat on. I might Race this in the DD CX open Cat with louis ( my Dog) in the back. One day I’ll get some sweet tubus but I think i need win Tats first

Fork crown daruma is the doohickey.

Poor Louis.

I have a Tubus Ergo on the front, gets the panniers down nice and low, makes the steering very stable. You should definitely look into it.

i’ll have to discuss this with nik and nath, but this may well be prizeworthy.

I’ll add a safety flag to make it ICU commuter approved.

Then I cant use my vintage handmade front pannier… Lets go touring when it gets warmer!!! Tasmania at Christmas Time is on the cards with a few gents…

Naah, Unless your panniers drape over the platform they’d fit. The rails are just lower is all. All you lose is the platform. The stability is highly desirable, believe me.

Keep me in the loop, I’ve done the East coast already, but would go back to do the centre / West.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

i endorse this… all of this.

I’m sure some of you have seen it before but i’ll post it in here now theres a dedicated thread…

currently its running WI Cranks + freewheel running 34/16 + an Alan Carbon straight blade fork. Just waiting on a hope headset i just ordered now…

whats the frame

its a 2007 IRO Rob Roy.

Hi all,
Lots of of lovely bikes on this thread but no carbon.
Steel might have street-cred, but carbon is nice and light and comfy :wink:
Cheers
Scott