Rad rides - overnight / day trips

How’s the Pass Hunter build going?

I’ve added the weekend into my calendar, all depends on work.

Can you add a few more weekends into the calendar… one a week isn’t enough :wink:

hahah, if this new job works out I’ll be saying goodbye to weekends for 8-12 weeks plus potentially another 8.

been slacko picking up wheels, have everything I need besides, should be able to get them this weekend

anyone (looking at brad mostly) done any of the gravel out the back of mooball? looking at cudgera creek road/some of the fire trails that come off it, to make kentabouts 2

Sure have Cons… got it on mapmyride i’ll find the link

found it

Gravel section is only 8 - 10km long tho… good quality and scenic as tho… there are other gravel sections i can explore more next weekend

who is this dubrat guy guy also rides bikes? lellllzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still on for the 2nd April. What’s the plans Bennett? Who else is in.

not sure i will have to suss a ride

:cool:

So I haven’t had a chance to sit down and but anything out (cos work, cos moved house, cos stuff)

im open to ideas, just a single night nothing massive and easy to get too

so i’ve talked to brad and bnut…
there’s a possibility we could do the brisbane valley rail trail and loop back via the other side of wivenhoe. brad says the route is a bit slow atm but if it gets too much we can whip across to the bitumen that shadows it

DAY 1: Start at Fernvale. 64km to Toogoolawah.
Accom: there’s two pubs and a motel. motel is $120 a night. the exchange hotel is $75
And there’s camping at the showgrounds.

DAY 2: Toogoolawah to Fernvale 71km
it’s 71, but via bitumen. Down Mount Beppo road through to wivenhoe-Somerset road. It gets a tiny bit busy in the last 20ks but there’s a shoulder and only one shitty hill. (lots of little bumps)
The other thing about day 2 is there’s no shops (or water as far as i can tell) for that whole 70ks

just putting this down - you ain’t gotta pick it up

Heartbreak hill!

I should be in, weekend after Easter yeah?

I forgot Easter, first weekend of April

yep! april 2/3

I’m not sure If i can commit to two nights cos work

D’Aguilar National Park has some good camp sites, train up too Caboolture and ride out to Archer campground

Its the ride a few of the FOA cunce did a few years ago supported, Brad can you avoid those dirt walls?

the rail trail would be only one night.
just have to drive to fernvale on sat morn (and back on sun arvo)

• but i’m easy

Anyone considered south? Train to Robina and head south?