Rad rides - overnight / day trips

I think south on the tweed coast road to Brunswick Heads could be cool, not much dirt but super pleasant beach ride

Drowning in options. Here is one I prepared earlier.

I have done it before with Zach and Lachlan. But we just rode from Rosewood to the bottom of the dam. The campsite was super dodgy but there was an awesome swimming hole. We returned the same way or you could skip Boonah by going straight up through Kalba. Train or park at Rosewood.

Define dodgy

neighbouring campsite had the wildest bush doof this side of murwillumbah

sounds promising

No power. Water was from a tank but drinkable. Sites were just wherever you wanted. All run by some old lady called Val who just lives in a shack there.

It’s called the gorge wilderness Park if you want to check it out.

I’m down for whatever. One night is enough for me, cos work. Also down to camp rather than hotel cos tight arse.

i might stay in a hotel but.

brad - you could do that on a roadie - right?

kents pocket this is some straight up illuminM80 shit

Train from BNE to Rosewood - 1.5 Hours

Stop at Aratula for snacks & coffee

Roll into Boonah Camp ground ($10 A night) / Hotel for anyone who doesn’t have sleeping gear.

Nek day shorter ride back to Rosewood

Come back into reception & gram

My only concern is navigation , I can print the maps and directions but if someone had a nav GPS that would be easy as piss

Bennett, borrow my Garmin 810 so long as its not the weekend of the 2/3rd April.

But no Garmin, no Rulez tho.

We did alright last time with just cue notes, not too many turns to miss ey

Dave I did the first day on 30s so yeah skinny tyres could be a thing

Just use your phone for nav. Load the map from ride with gps and leave it up. There is a ‘show my location’ button whichs puts a dot on the map where you are. From memory the reception wasn’t terrible.

So locking this all in first weekend of April 2/3

I’m off that weekend, not sure if I’ll make it. Boonah overnighter?

Yep boonah, CX bike with a backpack and some bike packing would be the optimal way of going about it if you didnt have racks

I’m in. I have a good pack pack but will look into a rack too.

Won’t be able to go as will be down at the Piney 12hr, so can offer up the Wolverine or just it’s front rack if anyone needs it.