Ralpha Super Cross in Sydney Park - 16 Nov

or, even better, hit up the @rapha_australia twitter and let them know that their blather is unfounded and unwelcome.

what about those shitty loud forks at darebin a couple of years ago.
they were the loudest thing ever!

frame bells are the new frame bags.

On the instagrams as well.

Yes! Those things were offensively loud.

It’s the one thing we’ve always omitted. You know how I am about fun.

Ok you Melbourne guys, it’s all well and good for you to gloat about the great party times you’ve had at Melbourne cross events, but in Sydney we haven’t been so lucky.

Until now, the only races have been held way out of the city centre, with zero chance of anyone turning up other than the keen racers (and Spirito, but he’s awesome). Having to drive there because it’s not even near public transport tends to make it less fun (I’ve ridden it a few times but 30k each way killed my tyre tread) and until now, no-one has ever persuaded the relevant authorities to allow a race location closer to the city.

I’m pretty sure the only time I’ve ever seen beer at a Sydney CX race was when you Melbourne guys brought it. The clubs organising are lucky to find volunteers to set up the course, let alone find a coffee cart or some exotic Belgian sweet things. Newcastle has those - all we get is Manly Warringah’s leftover sponsership protein powder (chocolate flavoured water anyone?).

And I can’t really talk, because I’ve never helped out, but if Simon and Nick and the others from “The Spokespeople” are putting in the time to make it happen, and Rapha and Sram and Focus are paying for it, then great. We don’t need them to have fun, but it doesn’t hurt. If their sponsorship makes up for my laziness, then so be it.

So screw you guys, I’ll be there.

Well said. Anything is better than nothing. I also welcome the idea of of someone trying something, whatever the motive or however they can get it of the ground.

Well said. I’ll be there as well.

So say that the Sydney scene has lacked party vibes. There’s no need for those assclowns to put shit on all the hard work Melbourne and Adelaide folk have done.

Once Alexb6189750£(¡â turned up to an Adelaide CX race. That was pretty party.

So why do the organisers of this event feel obliged to put shit on us?
Did you ever think if more people had volunteered to get involved things might be different rather than leaving a few awesome people on Sydney to carry the can and have people bitch about the races?

Why is everyone so precious about this? (yes I read the thread)

It’s just marketing, plain and simple. Make this sound awesome and everything in the past? It’s not like it’s a new strategy.

Take these comments for what they are… just comments to drive hype and build-up the event. It’s not like it’s a marketing strategy that has never been used before…

I’ll probably go down… unless I go to Clarence St Cup, or NC Overnighter.

And from a Sydney-siders perspective, the most exciting thing about cycling here is Crafty getting all red-faced yelling into the Microphone at RAW.

i heard it’s possible to market events without being dicks to everything that has come before. in fact, i heard it was possible to build on the foundations laid by others, rather than piss all over them. surely that’d be better marketing?

it’s just one statement that was unnecessary, unfounded and insulting. if pikey from rapha had any interest in building a community - rather than using that community to further the financial interests of the multinational corporation he represents - he’d take it down.

Just make your next event bigger and better than theirs.

Haha - Ralpha.

As someone who spends all his free time organising Cyclocross racing in QLD I do find the remarks uncalled for. The Dirty Deeds series has done the hard work getting CX into the public eye on a national level. They have inspired myself, and a handful of other people in other states, to put ridicules amounts of their time into building a sport they love. I have nothing but respect for all the organisers (and volunteers) who make CX racing in Australia a reality.

I am sure it wouldn’t take the organisers of the Sydney Supercross much effort to acknowledge that they are ridding the coat tails of others hard work.

Poor choice of marking comments aside, it should be a pretty fun day (like all CX days). I hope Sydney folk have a ball.

all of them have been, and all of them will be. here’s the secret truth - corporations don’t bring the party.

but hey guy! perhaps if you spent a whole fuckload of your spare time organizing something fun for the community, neglecting your partner and family and profession and occasionally even your mental health, you too would be a little sensitive about folks putting unnecessary, unprovoked, unwarranted and untrue shit on it. so you can take your secret collection of dawson memes and stick them up your ass.

What Brad says.

What Brad says.

Do this.