Recommend a good weight weenie helmet

You’ll have to watch the pads on the Kask helmets. Whereas the Lazer pads are really thin and guide the sweat down the sides of your face, the pads on the Kask harbour a lot of sweat. This leads to a bit of sweat rash on the forehead, but also when you raise your eyebrow to look up, hot streams of sweat piss all over your sunglass lenses.

+1 for Kask Vertigo C50. I guess the Mojito is good too.
I thought I would be riding a Lazer til I died. They are still superior to 90% of the helmet market, but I got a deal I couldn’t refuse on the Vertigo and it is excellent. #scottlyf and i spoke about our love of the deep retention system how it cradles past your occipital nerve block.
Pretty much where the arrows are saying ‘occipital injection point’ is where the padded retention system goes to. Nice secure fit that won’t pop off when you headbutt a taxi.

The only beef I have is that sunglasses don’t fit in the vents any way decently. This is a big issue.

i’ve heard many ppl complain about kasks and their inability to handle sunnies, yet my mojito accepts my m-frames with zero hassles…

So, you recommend it? Cellbikes best place

yep, it’s become the commute helmet of choice.

cyclesgalleria have them too, but currently not cheaper than cellbikes.

i have a mavic plasma. it seems light.

My Catlike Kompact is the same. They’ll stick in there with some fiddling but I’m not confident to ride with them like that because they easily become unstuck

my catlike kompact and sunnies have zero problems too.

maybe i’m the anomaly then…

catlike kompact for a few years, oakley radar XLs. zero problems.

kasks are the new kompacts :wink:

im now a big fan of lazers. especially the magnetic buckle (mainly for the amusement factor). if catlike would fix their retention system id stay with a kompact.

i know suggesting something logical to you H is crazy, but go to cycles g and try one on before you order one and discover that you dont like its bottom bracket height or seat post bolts. certain helmets work/look better for some people. giros in particular can be mushrooms or normal depending on the person.

My spesh also has this. It’s great, and makes me wonder why other makers don’t do it. Or maybe my head’s just so big that only huge helmets accommodate me. #bigheadlyf

Totally agree. I love my Kask except for this problem. I you commute with a Kask, on your ride back home you’ll have the pleasure to feel your sweaty pads from the morning ride, it doesn’t dry out. Also because of this the pads deteriorate quicker that other helmets I’ve had. On the flipside the pads are super comfy and quite thick, that’s probably why they don’t dry out in a day.

you can buy an catlike’s MPS retention system (ratchet) separately and replace the existing one, though i’ve no idea who stocks it locally.

RE: sweat in the kask, is that with headwear or without?

I usually always wear a cap so assuming most of my sweat gets taken up by the cap, and less so in the helmet itself.

a few of you have said you’ve got helmets for really reduced prices, just a query, is this through your connections, or is it just bargains online?

sales from stores usually, both online and bricks/mortar.

Euride in Adelaide or Melbourne (can’t remember). THey sent me one last year.
Discussed here:http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f9/catlike-kompact-replacement-retention-system-28501/

Pretty sure Nick at Saint Cloud can get the catlike retention systems. He also stocks Kasks and I’m sure he’d do you a deal if you asked nice/took him a longie of craft beer.

Good point - can’t remember whether I wore a cap or not on these days when I get loads of sweat.

I have a Catlike Whisper plus, and while it’s a bit mushroomy on me, I got it on a sale price and it’s extremely airy and light, which while it’s been 40+ degrees here commuting, has been absolutely fantastic. I might look into something else a bit down the track though which doesn’t look like an actual cat sitting on top of my head.

if you dont mind yellow or green TBSM have kask vertigos for $220, ltd sizes it seems.