Recommend a good weight weenie helmet

I’ve had the Specialized 2D s-works for a number of years and it has been really good. Back then it was light at around 270g, but I understand things have moved on quite a bit. In any case the helmet needs to be replaced as the strapping is starting to go. **

Has anyone got the s-works prevail? This is meant to be crazy light at 170g which seems a bit ridiculous.
If there are any other brands I should consider by all means let me know. The Specialized has been good because I have a larger head and their xlarge model fits good.

**Weight weenie is not a requirement, but generally the better helmets tend to be lighter.

I think limar do a good lightweight helmet.

I’ve got a specialized something something, might be the prevail. It’s the s-works thing anyway, and it’s stupid light. I have a massive melon and this thing more than accommodates. Comfy as well.

I have a Cratoni Bullet. 180g off the top of my head ( i could be way off). Had it for nearly 2 years.

It’s pretty good with good venting, 3 different padding options and a carry bag, but I still get mushroom head, so I’m probably going to move towards a Kask Mojito or Bell Volt in the near future.

Boom tish.

POC Octal Road Helmet - 194g.

That new POC is reputedly 205g in a large. (argh beaten!)

Will you be using it to commute, with a (non WW) rack and panniers etc?

I use the new POC 2L ice cream container. I like the vanilla flavourway.

Kask mojito is a comfy helmet and comes in at 220g. If that’s too heavy, go 1 and 2 before you ride?

Limar Pro 104. Cheap (you’ll find it for under $100), and it saved my noggin when a taxi drove over the top of it.

been doing some research myself on this. I also have a large melon, 59cms and I’d like to avoid mushroom head. Here’s what I’ve found that fit the bill of light and low profile.

POC Octal
Giro Aeons / Ionos
Kask Mojito
Bell Gage
Spesh prevail

kask mojito end thread.

KASK Vertigo. Never worn a helmet that fit so well, snug on my head, and the ‘up and down’ techology is rad.

Can I ask why?
The price seems pretty reasonable compared to the Specialized.

kask mojito was top of my list until I got the spesh for 1/2 price.

I don’t have the Vertigo or Mojito but have tried them on and they are LURVLY. Will definitely get one when the current needs replacing. Worn out pads = helmet needs replacing, right?

extremely comfortable, price wise better, better shape for (my) head, look better, PRO look, adjustment wheel the best bar none, etc, etc.

all this. the leather chin strap. and the way it fits underneath the occipital zone of the skull, tryid on other helmets since my vertigo and none have felt so secure and well located on my head.

cell bikes

Thanks. The Mojito is 220g and $200 at Cellbikes.