Regular Fixed Rides

Post any regular or semi-reglars here!

MELBOURNE

Every Saturday : Desmond’s weekly tour of Melbourne.

Meet: 7:30am Federation Square.

An easy paced roll around the streets and sometimes bike tracks, lots of coffee stops, bike talk, advice, criticism and friendly banter - everyone welcome! Ride as far or as little as you like, or join us out on the road somewhere. PM whatthekoon or ndf for phone number.

Melbourne

Wednesday Evenings : Fix tool around Melbz

Meet: 6:30pm Fed Sqr.

An occasional ride - post on the forum to see who’s likely to show. Cruise around the city streets, cheeky ales, sprint over the rollercoaster, or exploratory ride to the burbs. No mind.

every saturday, martin place in the city, down the bottom near george street. 7am.

usually at least a couple of people. cruisy 20ks or so (sometimes not even that much), then finish at bourke st bakery for coffee and pan au chocolat or whatever pastry tickles your fancy.

I’m going to make this into a fixed blog page, otherwise these things get lost in the clutter of posts - What do you think NDF?

Something needs to be done. It’s hard to get ‘next meet’ type threads to stay near the top. There’s constant posts about things that are gone or there’s threads that are way off topic.

Can’t you make a “sticky” thread for each state or each ride for each state?

We could make a sticky for each state or capital and use it for ride announcements only. ie. remove all the idle chatter so that the only posts are useful info about when/where/what.

Let’s hear some ideas.

What about a calendar?

Fixed rides and random events could live together.

Link details of rides in the calender to a thread for major events???

just make every regular ride a sticky, there’d be what, 8 at the most? maybe expand the amount of recent threads displayed on the main page of the forum in the meets section,
and then all other rides can go in the pub section,

Seconded

third’d’d, sounds good.

Works well on other boards. Fortherererered.

Fixed ride this Sat morning? I’m there if it is.

i think the saying goes:
first rule of fixed.org: ‘there’s always a saturday ride’

Adelaide

Meet every Tuesday night at Tapedeck Razorblade (East Terrace near Rundle Street) at 7pm. If for some reason no one is there, try swinging by the Exeter to see if there’s any bikes locked up out the front.

meeting spot is just at fed square these days i am pretty sure. peace

FIXED

any one in newy interested?

Wheeler Place in Newcastle 7pm Thursdays.

does anyone know of fixed gear riders on the great ocean road? or riders who are organising or have ridden the great ocean road? i found myself there with my bike and dont know if possibly there are other peeps around who would like to ride it with me