Reid Cycles fixie; ebay cheapie

Was a genuine query, sorry chaps

Unless you can come up with a good reason why not, I’m going to ban you permanently.

Reid cycles has spammed on other bike forums…

Ok,Ok; please delete

Are you somehow affiliated with Reid Cycles or not?

No, not at all; just looking to buy something…
cheers,
Andy

OK thanks.

Even if it was spam, I’ve now googled ‘reid cycles’ to see what all the craziness is about. Is that what they call “clever marketing”?

their geared bikes look pretty crappy

their geared bike is pretty crappy, i purchased one for a budget piece o crap when i first started riding again and the components are total rubbish… but what do you expect for an entry level bike aimed at being the cheapest thing on the market?

i converted it to fixed eventually, rode pretty well for a while but you could feel the tinniness of the frame. I’ve given it to the roommate to ride and it’s still kicking around.
I think this could be a good (when i say “good” i mean in a relative sense) option for someone as a first fixed, because if you love it, you’re no doubt going to start saving like a crazy maahfukka and upgrade to a worthy hipstermobile in the near future.

my 2c

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I DO NOT KNOW THE GUY WHO SELLS REID BIKES AND I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE REID BIKE BRAND.

I have seen some of the Reid bikes at the shop (where I work) and they seem ridiculously cheap for what you get.

We have done a few conversions on the bikes as apparently they come with free riser/flat bars.

I have never ridden one of the Reid bikes but for a basic fixed gear bike they seem ok.

It is hard to write something positive about a new brand without looking like a spammer, I have been posting on the forum for quite awhile now and do not want people to think that I am some kind of salesman just because I write a response to a new brand of bike on the market.

Thanks. Yeah, I thought the inclusions looked pretty good for the money. The frame could be crap tho’??
For the record, I just got a great deal a Jamis ‘Sputnik’.
Reynolds 631 frame… yumm…yum

Now that is a great frame. You’ll love it.