resolutions.

Sweet!

That was a fast resolution

Blown mine already too, blew my back out again, 25yo, canā€™t touch my knees, canā€™t breath level of pain if I try, woooooooo.

bummer Asher! Thatā€™s awful

Resolutions are falling quick this year.

One of mine was riding the new trails in Chch at Easter- not going to happen now or for a fair while I imagine.

i had to look pretty hard to find an article on the ABC news app as to why.

weird itā€™s not attracting more coverage, sounds like a pretty destructive fire!!

Sucks, Asher. Whatā€™s the treatment entail?

Stuff.co.nz

Yeah, CHCH fires arenā€™t gonna get much coverage here while half of NSW is still burning. That said, the coverage of that has dwindled a bit too.

Trump Trump Trump One Nation One Nation One Nation Native Title Native Title Native Title etc

Truth.

Tell me about it, I did mine Start of September then in Japan.
Now Iā€™m 5 weeks into Keiser treatment/strength and noticed a huge difference.

So thenā€¦

• Continue the no soft drinks, might have the odd coke when i have maccas but that would be about it.

Was super on track for the first half of the year, with the combination of weekly meal preps I got down to the lowest ive been since high school, just shy of breaking the 80kgs. But then turned to shit half way through the year and completely derailed the last few months

• More effort spending that minimum half hour with this kids after school.

This has been going well, but still plenty of improvement to be had, so back on the list

• Minimum one kiss with the wife, even if a simply good morning or good night pucker.

Cant say I did it everyday, back on the list

• Aim to ride 7k, with a stretch of 10k. Along with the min 3day a week commute, aim to throw in a regular Hill loop in there as well, on top MTB rides regular normal loops.

Failed this one, barely got over the 5k. I think it came down to feeling ā€˜burn outā€™ from all the extra commuting that meant I didnā€™t feel like riding on the weekends. I didnā€™t think that was even possibleā€¦weird

So for 2018

• Cut out soft drinks
  • Minimum half hour with the kids everyday after work
  • Minimum peck with the wifey everyday
  • Ride every weekend
  • Start compound workouts, plan is to do basic workouts everyday using the squat rack/Olympic bars/weights we bought at the back end of 2016. Essentially just chin ups, squats, deadlifts, bench presses.

As always, keeping it simple.

I had tons last year, kept a few (skate more, make a new zine) but quite a few didnā€™t.
Only have one this year, lose the gut.
After a year of unemployment and dope Iā€™ve now got quite the bellyā€¦ this needs to go.

• Yes, consistent 1:55s and can go faster.
  • Iā€™ve got 4 class lap records at Haunted Hills.
  • My job is progressing as people realise my strengths. Still want a new job by the end of this year, with pay rise.
  • Sold my mtb, basically just commuting these days and Iā€™m quite ok with that. I really enjoy it.

• Implement the financial plan that weā€™ve got drawn up, after going to Japan in February.
  • Class win at Australian Hillclimb Championship.
  • Find a(nother) physical hobby that both LB and I enjoy. Maybe itā€™ll be the gym.

iā€™m no taller, so fuck resolutions. they just donā€™t work.

This year I hope to spend more money on books than alcohol.

1. Complete, did a sweet trip to Austr/Japan
  2. Incompleteā€¦did 2 overnight trips, and was about to start a third (that was for 4 days) and bailed at the last second.

Managed to move across the country too which wasnā€™t on the list but feels like it should have been.

NEW ONES

1. Go to Hawaii (planned for Feb/Marā€¦should be easy to do)
  2. Ride in the Olympic National Park (can be road, or off-road, or both, as long as I get out there)
  3. Camp in the Olympic National Park
  4. Visit family in Vancouver or Visit Portland (Iā€™d like to do both but figure itā€™s safer to assume weā€™ll get super busy)
  5. Ride on at least one of the islands off of Seattle.

Itā€™s hard to think of hugely important things anymoreā€¦lifeā€™s pretty ace.

this seems to be a decent turnaround from a few weeks ago and iā€™m stoked to read it!

thanks Nic!
itā€™s amazing what a little reflection does for the head.