Ride To Work Day 2013 - Wed 16th October

Here we go again!

2007: [-ride-work-day-wed-17th-1744/"]2007 Ride to Work Day](http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f17/[mel)
2009: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f11/ride-work-day-6030/
(The real tour begins) 2010: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f10/how-your-commute-today-tour-de-ride-2-work-breakfasts-14052/
2011: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f17/ride-work-day-october-12-a-19443/
(Record breaking 10 checkpoint tour) 2012: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f17/ride-work-day-2012-wednesday-17th-october-25170/

Map: Breakfasts
Proposed route: Starting at ~645am.

Now annoyingly, the list of community breakfasts is disturbingly short this year, and FredSq has been moved to City Square

MELBOURNE CBD City Square, cnr Collins and Swanston 6am-9am Buns supplied by Baker’s Delight, Australian Bananas. Displays from: Team Up, Exodus travel, Rapha, City of Melbourne, Vic Police Bicycle Engraving, Australian Physiotherapy association bike fits
[b]MELBOURNE DOCKLANDS[/b] Docklands, NAB Forecourt, Corner of Bourke Street and Harbour Esplanade 7am – 9am Buns supplied by Baker’s Delight - and Bananas. Vic Police Bicycle Engraving, free bike fits

I will investigate the existence of other banger breakfast locations and string a route together.

Come along and you could experience this!

Hell yeah.
I’ll probably be stopping by the Docklands checkpoint around 8:15

I think I saw a poster for the Human Powered/Darebin(?) breakfast, if that helps.

i think i’m gonna miss out again this year…

I’ve seen the darebin billboard, that one and Velo Cycles are usually great.

e-sleuthing results:

The Darebin event will be held on the St Georges Road bike path, at the southern end near the corner of Merri Parade and St Georges Road. Join us for a free breakfast and have your bike checked by mechanics from Human Powered Cycles and The Spokesman.
Entertainment will include live music from Bohemian Nights, and riders will enjoy smoothies from Bike n’ Blend Pedal Powered Smoothies, coffee from Café Mobile Espresso and breakfast from Loafer Bread café.
When: 7am to 9am, Wednesday 16 October 2013
Where: Corner of Merri Parade and St Georges Road, Northcote. Near the end of the shared path.

Other Ride2Work Day breakfasts in Darebin include:
• Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre, 7 to 9 am, Victoria Road, Northcote
• La Trobe University student breakfast and events 7.00am onwards, La Trobe Agora, Bundoora
• NMIT student and staff Ride2Work Day morning tea from 10am to 11am, NMIT Preston Campus, 77-91 St Georges Road, courtyard between Buildings K and D

Abbotsford Convent
1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, 7.30am to 9.30am
Gate 1, outdoors, the Providence Building (in front of the white building opposite the Convent Bakery)
With the help of the Convent Bakery, the St Heliers Store and Lentil as Anything, there will be a range of yummy foods to keep you riding onto your destination with a full belly and a big smile. Come join in, eat and have a yarn with other riders and the convent locals.
www.abbotsfordconvent.com.au
Burnely Golf Course
Corner of Madden and Loyola Grove, Burnley, 7am to 9am
Come along to enjoy a delicious breakfast and be in the running for exciting giveaways.
9205 5593
Michelle.Scerri@yarracity.vic.gov.au

Yarra Leisure – Fitzroy Swimming Pool
Alexandra Parade, Fitzroy, 7am to 9am
Come along to enjoy a delicious breakfast and be in the running for exciting giveaways.
Contact: Damien Pagnin, Marketing & Communications Coordinator – Yarra Leisure
9205 5197
Damien.Pagnin@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Vigor Health and Fitness
Level 1, 393 Smith Street, Fitzroy (enter from Kerr Street), 7.45am to 8.45am
Vigor Muesli will be on the menu to enjoy with milk (soy or full cream), fruit, yoghurt and honey, and Liam will show you how to make your own muesli for a delicious healthy start every day. A mechanic from Avanti Plus Collingwood will also be on hand to help with minor repairs and answer any bike-related questions.
liam@vigor.net.au
www.vigor.net.au/Ride-to-Work-Day

Breakfast at Victoria Mall, Coburg
Moreland Council supports Ride to Work Day by hosting a Ride to Work Day breakfast in the Victoria Mall, Coburg. Council has hosted a ride to Work Day breakfast every year since 2005.

North Melbourne Recreation Centre
Wednesday 17 October Ride 2 Work Day 7am-8.30am

Event Ride2Work Community Breakfast 2013

7.00am - 9.30am
Corner of Bourke Street & Harbour Esplanade, Docklands VIC 3008

KNOX
Knox City Council - Ride2Work Day 2013 is almost here!

Location: Northern Undercover Car Parking Area (Off Gateshead Drive), Westfield Knox Shopping Centre (See map below)
Time: 7:00am - 9:00am
Activities:
Free Hot Breakfast
Free Hot Beverages by Kellie Bean Coffee
Free Bicycle Service (Bicycle Superstores - Knox)

St Kilda Town Hall
St Kilda News » » Ride2Work Day Celebration Breakfast

7:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Why not ride in with your colleagues and friends for free coffee, food, music and giveaways!

Bike Doctors from Back2Bikes will be at all three locations for minor servicing.

Boroondara
Ride to Work Day Community Breakfast | City of Boroondara

06:30 AM until 09:00 AM
Location Chandler Park, Main Yarra Trail
Near Chandler Highway Bridge,
KEW VIC 3101

We’ll have a hot breakfast for anyone on a bike, including:

A coffee barista
Yummy egg and bacon sandwiches,
Bicycle powered fruit smoothies,
Fresh fruit
Freshly baked muffins
All free to people on bikes.

Maroondah
http://www.maroondah.vic.gov.au/5447.aspx
7am to 9am, Wednesday 16 October at Sherbrook Park, corner of Sherbrook Avenue and Grant Crescent, Ringwood.

Ooooh, Vic Police bicycle engraving. Hope I can get some sweet pantos.

Rapha? Since when have they targeted the supercommuter market?

Vegan :o ?

I had heard that velo werent doing one this year… but thats might have been from an unreliable source.

Man, I’m working on ride to work day at city square.

Gonna miss the cruise round the inner north eating all the muffins and drinking all the coffee.

I’m in!

Looks like Velocycles are back on this year!
Velo Cycles
THis has been the best for free stuff over the past two years, gloves and socks last year!
Also Commuter Cycles are teaming up with Lux again on Hope st, I recommend this for a stop.
News | Commuter Cycles
For those heading south, check out the St Kilda town hall on Carlisle st- my number one for food last year.

Fuck it. I was keen to hit this up since I missed out last year, but wouldn’t you know it’s the one day of the year I have to get to Geelong early for work.

Breakfasts located.

Route planning is go.

Loafer Bread is doing breakfasts in NFitz. That’s enough to get me there

I’m pretty keen to bro down, “bro to work day 2013”.

That’s the stgeorges/westgarth one.

shhhh or they’ll run out…

hamish, you don’t have a ‘work’ to go to at the moment!! sleep in & go afterwards! :wink:

Aww yeah.

I’m keen for that free bike fit, not expecting much but would just love for someone to tell exactly what a good seat height is.